• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tab Express (Deland, FL) Shuts Down!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Florida seems to be a haven for scam flight schools and cargo/charter operators.

I don't know if it's lack of oversight or enforcement, or it's where these types of criminals collect.

Perhaps this will finally wake Florida up and they'll take action against the thieves.

I thought due to the ATA incident that Key started escrowing the funds so what happened at ATA wouldn't happen any more. Maybe the money was escrowed and they only owe for what they have actually flown.

I heard someone say they do that at Ari Ben Aviator.

You know as much as PFT sucks, I wouldn't wish 100,000K down-the-drain-lesson on anyone. Can't help but feel a little sympathy for the one's involved...For those that go the PFT route, do they realize what they are doing?

I know a few people who got reamed by Tony and Bob.

The escrow account is in their control and they collect the interest on the students money and bought sports cars, corporate jets, and B1900's using the student's money. If this isn't fraud I don't know what is.

Further, the training contract that many of the students signed did not entitle them to a refund of unused monies. Many of these "so called" investor students got it up the channel and Bob, Tony and that other piece of scum mitch should really give the money back or do some time in jail.

just my opinion

I think its fantastic. Its as American as Apple Pie and Football on Sunday.

Anyone stupid enough to give TAB Express 100K large deserves to have it all taken. Like fish in a barrel.

Id say "its a good lesson" but we all know they will line back up tommorrow to pay up again and be "airline pilots".

Wish I had a gig going like those TAB owners...

Pure Entreprenueral Spirit!!!!

If you took all the money from the rich and gave it to the poor, the rich would have it all back in a year. If you're dumb enough to spend a 100k for ratings you can get anywhere else like a local FBO for less than half that price, then you deserve to get screwed.

You make your own bed then sleep in it!

No matter how much money you give an idiot, he will be broke in a year, that's just the way it is and always will be.
I have no sympathy for PFT scum, I love it!

Yeah, PFT is total bad karma. I may be willing to work for a crappy wage at a regional, but at least it's a wage.

I do feel for those guys that lost the money, but you've just got to go about things a little smarter. I wish I could disagree with G2 and TD, but I can't.

-Goose

So a guy comes out to give you an estimate to build you a new deck on your house. He has a nice truck. He has a really good add in the local phone book. He has reference letters from past customers. The price is a little high but he even has a customer in the truck with him who says he is doing a great job on my deck it's almost half way finished.

It all sounds great. He has given you a detailed road map showing how he will take you from porchless to commercial grill holder in a short time period. Shoot if you play your cards right and grill out for him for four years he'll even refund the cost of the deck to you.

Only one catch: You have to pay for the new deck in full up front.
Any homeowner would say, "Are you nuts? Pay for a construction project up front? In full?

Why can't pilots be so smart?

All you guys paying 100 large up front, I got this Nigerian cousin who just got out of jail and I just need a little bit of cash to get access to his like 10 million dollar bank account, PM me!!

Vandal said:
All you guys paying 100 large up front, I got this Nigerian cousin who just got out of jail and I just need a little bit of cash to get access to his like 10 million dollar bank account, PM me!!

If you have a Nigerian anything, I would pay you to keep him in prison.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back