• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TA details

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I first touched the controls in 2001, which is right about when you were working on your licenses/Gulfstream.

Wrong. You just can't get anything right, can you?

Wrong. You just can't get anything right, can you?

Right. Your age going to 9E is known as is the age going to AAI. You're not that far from me, age-wise. Cant really use the age trump card. And it's you who can't get some things right, let's not go there.

This is way different than Comair. We will become a highly efficient single fleet airline that will be very lean and mean and difficult to compete with. Delta management, ALPA, and 9E management gave high praise to the Pinnacle Pilot group for their professional conduct throughout this. Senior management at Delta has defied the "Comair" logic by saying we will likely be owned by them and we will be operated differently than the status quo. This is very evident by all of the sharp Mesaba management personnel that have been put in very key positions in this new organization. Delta will invest 200 million dollars in us in the near future. Why would they shift any flying away from this entity to SkyWest or anyone else once it is steady state all 900 fleet 2-3 years from now?

We can shut down and take nothing or keep going for another 7.5 years with a lot of movement as hiring is starting everywhere. We have already seen 60 pilots leave in a single month before much hiring at the legacies even started. Downgraded captains have a great shot at getting on with Delta because of the quotas outside the SSP but also because a fair number of lifers may not make it though the SSP or elect to take it because they feel that another guaranteed 7.5 years gets them close enough to punching out. There will not be as many furloughs as everyone seems to think.

Heyyyyy you... so, how are things?

Well he was right on with his last sentence. There haven't been any furloughs yet. Back when he wrote that the common thought was that furloughs were imminent.

I said from the get go. No furloughs , more planes,76 seats + at 200 rate. Now all I hear is cry and whine. I don't even go on the crew room anymore. I feel bad for some fo's but there is always one that makes me rethink how stupid some people are.

Well...the last five FO's I've flown with are out of this dump..Airways, JB, Fractional, Compass and a good paying sim instructor position. The smart ones have realized its time to jump!

Latest resources

Back