• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TA details

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you work for free, think of how lean and mean you will be.

If this TA gets voted down its the end of Pinnacle. There will be no going back to the judge to impose 1113. Delta has said they would start winding us down immediately and close the doors within 12 months.

So you have a gun to your head. Take the deal or your shot.

Sounds like an integrity call to me.

This is way different than Comair. We will become a highly efficient single fleet airline that will be very lean and mean and difficult to compete with. Delta management, ALPA, and 9E management gave high praise to the Pinnacle Pilot group for their professional conduct throughout this. Senior management at Delta has defied the "Comair" logic by saying we will likely be owned by them and we will be operated differently than the status quo. This is very evident by all of the sharp Mesaba management personnel that have been put in very key positions in this new organization. Delta will invest 200 million dollars in us in the near future. Why would they shift any flying away from this entity to SkyWest or anyone else once it is steady state all 900 fleet 2-3 years from now?

We can shut down and take nothing or keep going for another 7.5 years with a lot of movement as hiring is starting everywhere. We have already seen 60 pilots leave in a single month before much hiring at the legacies even started. Downgraded captains have a great shot at getting on with Delta because of the quotas outside the SSP but also because a fair number of lifers may not make it though the SSP or elect to take it because they feel that another guaranteed 7.5 years gets them close enough to punching out. There will not be as many furloughs as everyone seems to think.

Rose colored glasses always make the world seem better...

This is way different than Comair. We will become a highly efficient single fleet airline that will be very lean and mean and difficult to compete with. Delta management, ALPA, and 9E management gave high praise to the Pinnacle Pilot group for their professional conduct throughout this. Senior management at Delta has defied the "Comair" logic by saying we will likely be owned by them and we will be operated differently than the status quo. This is very evident by all of the sharp Mesaba management personnel that have been put in very key positions in this new organization. Delta will invest 200 million dollars in us in the near future. Why would they shift any flying away from this entity to SkyWest or anyone else once it is steady state all 900 fleet 2-3 years from now?

We can shut down and take nothing or keep going for another 7.5 years with a lot of movement as hiring is starting everywhere. We have already seen 60 pilots leave in a single month before much hiring at the legacies even started. Downgraded captains have a great shot at getting on with Delta because of the quotas outside the SSP but also because a fair number of lifers may not make it though the SSP or elect to take it because they feel that another guaranteed 7.5 years gets them close enough to punching out. There will not be as many furloughs as everyone seems to think.

Ummm Comair was owned by Delta. How many planes does Comair have now?
I think delta paid a fortune for Comair, yet they gave every last plane to others.
I thought pinnacle recently was given a long term contract for the 200s. How can you believe anything that your management says?

This is not so different from Comair. I don't see how it could be any more alike.

Last edited:
So most PCL pilots linger on 35K/ year for the next 5-7 years. Or get a month (really?) of pay and bail to another regional.

Other regional employers dealing with aftereffects of PCL rates:

a) Do not hire

b) Must delcare bankruptcy to get "in line" with the new -900 flying for 50-seat rates.

Come on over to XJET, Eagle, wherever; take your pride and let DL mgmt try to stick it to "stronger" regionals. If they take the -900 flying to mainline, we're all better off in the long term anyhow

I'm outta this debate. Good luck to all of us

Sorriest post I've read on FI in a long time. Congratulations sir.

Way easier to find a job if you have a job. We are the ones with the gun to our heads.

Last edited:
I am a Captain. If my company told me to accept the deal. I would get downgraded. From making $90k/year to $35k. All because management didn't do their job properly. Other companies can make money with 50 seaters. Why not pinnacle? It isn't the pilots fault so they shouldn't be the ones taking the punishment.
So personally for me i would rather take unemployment then forced to take a 50% pay cut and never ever ever see an upgrade again.

ExpressJet should IMMEDIATELY offer employment to Pinnacle pilots, and they should do so without probationary pay! PQ will wind down, it's pilots will have a future at a growing airline ExpressJet won't have to compete against this. ExpressJet ALPA- where are you?

Latest resources

Back