• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TA details

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You may not have voted on a contract but your company is taking others flying as we speak and your union has not turned it down on principal. You are asking us to possibly end our flying careers and shut this thing down before AMR, United, etc get into a major hiring cylcle. All so that I can hold the bar up for you and you can have my job.

Sorry about the profanity, that is not normally my MO and there is no excuse!

No worries. I know its a tough and stressful situation for yall. I hope and pray that it all works out the best way possible for each of yall.

And I dont want anyone else's flying. Even the AMR flying we are going to be doing has not caused a single Eagle pilot to lose his/her job or take a concession.

Best of luck to all of yall!

So where are you guys and skywest getting your 900's from? Oh yeah you are cheaper than Comair and 9E so your taking them. How can you dare criticize anyone else when you are taking others flying because your cheaper. I was in an ASA jumpseat when the crew had just found out about getting some Comair planes and not once did they worry about Comair pilots plight, only what Domicile there would be upgrades in!

So we are suppose to vote it down and all be out of work in less than a year and not current when trying to apply at the legacies? It takes more than a year to get on with a good airline.

The regional airline is one of no leverage that you can't plan on a career at and most of us just want to stay current and get out before the 900 becomes obsolete like the 200. We will probably never take your flying either because we will be too big of a 900 operator to get anything else. Wheres all the hate towards Compass who is still way cheaper than us?

+1. I'm just playing devil's advocate here: why would the fairly senior people vote it down? Because they want to go to SkyWest or ExpressJet at 1st year FO rates just stick it to 9E management and Delta?

To be clear: I am in no way justifying the terrible TA whatsoever, but be realistic if you don't work at 9E. How many people with any decent seniority at 9E would feel better about up and leaving for regional airline XYZ that'll be the likely whipping boy tomorrow- and be at the very bottom of 1000s of other underpaid pilots on another seniorty list flying similar RJ equipment? I would expect to see more hard-line "NO" folks in the middle to bottom of our seniority list. The regional airline paradigm- no matter how you look at it- SUCKS.

Last edited:
When you factor in SS and everything else, any bonus that is paid will be taxed at a much higher rate than normal.

40% is a rough number. These guys gonna sell out for a 5K check - 40%. What's that gonna pay for a couple months' rent or something?

Higher than normal taxes are withheld, but in the end you don't actually pay higher taxes on the money. Your bonus ends up on a W-2 like the rest of your income and is taxed at your rate.

I wonder how the signing bonus will change things. You sign you get a bonus check and can take a leave, with pay, insurance and take a job at another commuter. Say no, lose job for sure, no bonus check, pay or insurance. I'm not so sure as many will see that and vote no as some think.

You could vote yes and get the money or vote no and get pushed out with nothing. I'm betting more will be swayed by this.

If you do all the monetary math taking the deal or keeping the current contract is a wash for pay over the next year. It works out to about equal.

Where delta really comes out ahead in the short term is they get to close domiciles and displace pilots to other domiciles for free. No more company paid moves.

If this turd is ratified the very next announcement will be MEM is closing and half of MSP is being sent to JF'n K and DTW. No moving expense reimbursement. Oh - you'll get a hotel room your first two weeks - but only on your off days. If you are on a trip they will boot your wife out of the place.

Soooo....if this is going to force you to leave in the next year you are better of saying No.

Full pay to the last day and delta can pay for the move when I go to my next employer.

The flow won't work for current pilots unless they expand the fleet to well over 100 AC. With just 80 AC and the Bloch award half the CA seats will be occupied by CA's that won't, for whatever reason, leave.

I guess we know how DL plans on paying off the 900's in 3 years.

One day expedited interview? Wow, how much is that worth?

Anyone done the math to see where the ex-Colgan pilots sit seniority-wise at the end-state, 81-aircraft airline? Would be curious to see that.

If you do all the monetary math taking the deal or keeping the current contract is a wash for pay over the next year. It works out to about equal.

Where delta really comes out ahead in the short term is they get to close domiciles and displace pilots to other domiciles for free. No more company paid moves.

If this turd is ratified the very next announcement will be MEM is closing and half of MSP is being sent to JF'n K and DTW. No moving expense reimbursement. Oh - you'll get a hotel room your first two weeks - but only on your off days. If you are on a trip they will boot your wife out of the place.

Soooo....if this is going to force you to leave inet the next year you are better of saying No.

Full pay to the last day and delta can pay for the move when I go to my next employer.

The flow won't work for current pilots unless they expand the fleet to well over 100 AC. With just 80 AC and the Bloch award half the CA seats will be occupied by CA's that won't, for whatever reason, leave.

You mean full pay until the enforced contract, and then much less.

Unfortunately voting no doesn't stop any of that either.
As far as the flow, if half the captains leave they have to replace them. I can guarantee there aren't 400 people that want to be lifers, but even if there were, that was the reason for the if you ever were Captain part

What makes you think we will keep our current contract if we vote no? The judge could then impose the August offer and we wind down in a year with no check. To me the check is the amount I lose in year one so it is like starting the pay cut in year 2.

Vote however you want but I spoke with guys 50 years old that now will try to flow. I know others like me with apps in at United and other places so the attrition is not just the Delta flow. (AMR, United, Spirit, Alaska, etc.)

We could easily lose 500-600 in 2014 and quite a few in 2013. Many were not around when the majors were hiring pre 911, but your number moved up crazy fast in those days as guys dropped like flies.

Last edited:
Almost all senior XJ'ers will be taken the flow I bet...Why stay? If I go to a another regional it's still a turd, with a slightly different stench. Regionals are dead!

Latest resources

Back