• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TA details

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look you double breasted(mantitties), toad licking, moron, you voted yes to even bigger RJs. RJs are doing Intl flying as we type. If you were 1/2 as smart as you thing we would have a Grand Unified Theory and time travel. But we don't, we have RJ to international destinations and you. How's your stalker? Got your flak jacket yet? Any one want to guess a headline?

Hahaha. Well, that apparently is NOT the plan. The 717s will be taking those routes over, and your larger RJs will cover out going 50 seater routes. That's the plan, created by management. Sorry.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I'd be ok if they kept their longevity, but their seniority?

There's the problem. The next time, when Anderson comes after you and wants to give all of your flying to GoJet, then the GoJet pilots will be saying "no seniority for them!" And then Anderson just moves on to the next carrier. And make no mistake, it never ends. Right now the goal is just to get everyone down to the lowest common denominator. But after he's achieved that, then he has to lower the lowest common denominator so he can begin the process all over again. He'll never be finished until pilots stand up, unified, and stop him. But as long as sentiments like your flourish, regional pilots are screwed.

Joey has the right idea. But unfortunately, he's also right that it will never happen. Which means that the profession is essentially doomed.

There's the problem. The next time, when Anderson comes after you and wants to give all of your flying to GoJet, then the GoJet pilots will be saying "no seniority for them!" And then Anderson just moves on to the next carrier. And make no mistake, it never ends. Right now the goal is just to get everyone down to the lowest common denominator. But after he's achieved that, then he has to lower the lowest common denominator so he can begin the process all over again. He'll never be finished until pilots stand up, unified, and stop him. But as long as sentiments like your flourish, regional pilots are screwed.

Joey has the right idea. But unfortunately, he's also right that it will never happen. Which means that the profession is essentially doomed.

Don't worry, ALPA will certainly stop the atrocity. It's not like they're going directly to management to secure a concessionary deal that undercuts other regional airlines.

Don't worry, ALPA will certainly stop the atrocity. It's not like they're going directly to management to secure a concessionary deal that undercuts other regional airlines.

You still fail to understand that ALPA isn't a nebulous entity, it's a collection of pilots.

You still fail to understand that ALPA isn't a nebulous entity, it's a collection of pilots.
I'll go a step further. It's a collection of self-serving pilots looking out for only their own best interests usually without regard for other pilot groups in terms of ramifications of their own actions. This is why DALPA signs a contract that eliminates tons of RJs and brings 717s to Delta. Lots of regional pilots now stand to lose their jobs as a result. A step in the right direction for the industry, but a tough pill for those going unemployed. The same ALPA that allowed this to be signed also represents DCI regionals like Pinnacle. That's BS. My long standing point that Alpa cannot serve two masters, majors and regionals, without totally ****ing up the other. Next, the regional ALPA is now in their self serving interest at 9E, cutting every other DCI carrier like ASA, Skywest, XJet, etc. Once these paycuts are voted in, Delta management will then use it to pressure the remaining DCI carriers for the same kind of rates, or be cut out ala the next Comair. The reason this profession is screwed is that there is NO true unity. If there was, we wouldn't be where we are today. It's all self-serving interests. Not what's best for the entire industry profession.

I'll go a step further. It's a collection of self-serving pilots looking out for only their own best interests usually without regard for other pilot groups in terms of ramifications of their own actions.

In some cases, possibly. Nevertheless, it's a democracy. Democracy is sometimes messy. But it's better than the alternatives. Want to fix it? Get involved instead of whining.

In some cases, possibly. Nevertheless, it's a democracy. Democracy is sometimes messy. But it's better than the alternatives. Want to fix it? Get involved instead of whining.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. Involved with ALPA? That's going to be next to impossible where I am, considering ALPA was the #1 fighting enemy against my current employer when it came to be. Honestly, I don't miss ALPA.

Flyer, its easy to stand and criticize but what do you offer as a viable solution? None of the US pilots like it the way it is but its the best we got. The only way to make it better is to have the gold, then we can make the rules. The hard part is that we provide a service to our owners, we are not the owners and at best we negotiate.

BTW ALPA is not perfect and has its flaws but can you tell me any one group that has done more good for this industry? Safety, hour limitations, rest limitations so we don't fly till we drop..... Your airlines group of pilots has done nothing for this industry except gain from the standards largely achieved from the group effort of ALPA. Be humble of your criticism when you have brought nothing to the table other than complaints of others work.

Exactly.

Latest resources

Back