T38 Student doesnt turn heat off vid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SIG600 said:
NFO's down in Pensacola have a LOT of interantional training going on.

Germany, Italy, and Singapore are the most common here. And yes there are quite a few of them.

MJG said:
What's the A/C setup in the T-38, manual only or auto/manual, and why the heck is it up by the student?
Don't know how the T-38 is set up, but with the T-6, there is only one temp control and it is in the front cockpit. All the person in the back controls is his/her own blower speed.

What is funny about that? That shows some of the pri*ks that some of us had to deal with in flight school. Most folks were ok, but there were a few that not only did not like to instruct, they hated to fly.

I feel sorry for the student in front.

mudkow60 said:
What is funny about that? That shows some of the pri*ks that some of us had to deal with in flight school. Most folks were ok, but there were a few that not only did not like to instruct, they hated to fly.

I have to agree with mudkow on this one. This IP is a pri*k.

mudkow60 said:

Some of the pr*cks YOU had to deal with??????? That's a statement I expect from a typical SNAP. Now, if you flew with the guy and made that statement then I would call it a valid opinion. Did you even hear the student through this??? He was more concerned about what the IP was thinking vs. flying his jet!!! S.N.A.P.

What's funny is instructing SNAPs, seeing them come back as instructors, and observing their frustration and comments as they deal with new students.:laugh:

Hi!

I came in once from an T-38 acro sortie (as a FWQ student). My fellow students were giving me sh!t about over-Ging the airplane.

I told them it wasn't me. Boy, did my IP look like a down-trodden dog at that point!

Cliff
YIP
PS-He wasn't my regular IP. My regular guy was awesome! He was an F-4G driver.

PPS-I learned that if your instructor asks you if you have enough fuel for another approach (because the IP isn't sure himself), the answer is always NO!!!!

talondriver said:
Did you even hear the student through this??? He was more concerned about what the IP was thinking vs. flying his jet!!!

Yes, because the IP was OBVIOUSLY having a manic episode. How does a person with no control over their emotions make it thru military pilot training anyway?

Probably why he is an IP.

Last edited:
What is a S.N.A.P?

And by the way, I flew with lots of junior guys in the helo community right before I got out of the Navy... and I would never talk to them like that. And having flown in the military for 9 years, more importantly, I would never let someone talk to ME like that....

Sensitive New Age Pilot

Edit... watch out for Fury... he's the Snapassasin! :)

Last edited:
What are the load limit factors for the T-38, sounds like it's easy to exceed a limit if you're not careful ?

Latest resources

Back