T38 Student doesnt turn heat off vid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you tell Toro that you stole his link? LOL

That was priceless, yes, yes, highly unprofessional, but priceless.

If you've ever tried to teach a foreign student to fly, well let's just say we've all been there.....

I'm still laughing....

"Sir, what is wong??"

MJG said:
That was priceless, yes, yes, highly unprofessional, but priceless.

Personally, I thought he did all he could do and say prior to the "unprofessionalism" that you all state. We're all armchair QBs until you find yourself in a situation feeling helpless because stan can't comprehend what you're saying...or worse, lies about the position of his/her switches. Those of you who instruct from the backseat can attest. You can hear the fatigue in his voice further along in the tape. Like I said in a previous post, the IP was pretty close to jettisoning the canopy.

Flying with International Students (especially the Japanese and Pakistanis) is one of the most challenging sorties you'll fly as an IP.

They played that video at assignment night for that class...along with two of the student's over-Gs. Not the stellar of classes that's for sure.

Last edited:
Tell me more about this training. I'm not a military guy so I don't know about this. Is this basic UPT type training for these foreigners or something else??

How much of this training occurs every year, a bunch or just a few classes here and there??

Where are these "students" from, Asia mostly??

Who gets assigned these students, only certain bases like Vance or Sheppard or what?

What's the A/C setup in the T-38, manual only or auto/manual, and why the heck is it up by the student?

Nothing drove me more crazy back when I instructed than the switches that only the students could reach.

Really I do feel for that instuctor, been there, done that, not in a T-38 though.

MJG said:
Tell me more about this training...

All SUPT wings have international students in one form or another. Most bases even have their share of international IPs. Sheppard has the most due to their mission (Euro-NATO). They even share the Wing's leadership with the Europeans. I know at Columbus each class will have a couple or more ISPs (international student pilots). They come from all over. Even from the former eastern bloc and Africa. It's all dependent on a country paying for the training. The Pakistanis were an anomoly. There were a finite number within a year. I call it a coincidence that they showed up after we were allowed to use their bases for OEF. But that's just me. :cool:

As for the A/C system in the '38: there's an auto and manual function. We usually operate in the auto mode. During the climb check, we turn the temp full hot to blow out any moisture that may be in the system so it doesn't freeze up at altitude. This is done by turning the temp knob. When it's in full hot, it's LOUD. That's probably why the IP was yelling. Who knows what really happened. That could be a thread of it's own.

Was I brief enough???? :D

MJG said:
Tell me more about this training.

Just as a side note to what Talon said, the Navy does the same thing. As a matter of fact all French Naval Aviators get their training with the Navy as advanced students. I've seen instructors and students from Brazil, Spain, France, Germany, England, Switzerland, Italy, Philippeans, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. NFO's down in Pensacola have a LOT of interantional training going on.

Latest resources

Back