• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

What do you think of the TSA

• Completely worthless

Votes: 93 41.2%
  • Slightly the right idea, just poorly executed/managed.

Votes: 106 46.9%
  • Good, but with a few minor issues

Votes: 26 11.5%
  • Right on

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
I'd like to see some consistancy between TSA at different airports. Barrow, Fairbanks, and Anchorage all operate differently. Barrow wants your bags screened before you check in. Fairbanks scans them afterword. Fairbanks checks your ID at the security checkpoint and not at the gate, Two weeks ago. The week before that they checked at the gate and not at the security checkpoint.

Its kind of like how every FSDO reads the FAR's differently.....

Same IDIOTS with a payraise....(wakenhut-Agrenbrite etc, etc)

"The more things change, the more they remain the same!"

Half of them cannot speak english, wear their TSA uniforms correctly and look like they just got out of a Star Trek convention.

I have heard that some Furloughed guys tried to get jobs with the TSA but were turned down! Look at who they DO hire!

THEY EVEN GAVE JOE FOSS a hard time for carrying his Congressional Medal of Honor medal! A Marine Corps flying Ace from WWII and some "TSA" bozo gives him a hard time!

Nuff said...

Worthless! They are just the same idiots giving you a silightly harder time. They take thier job waaaaaaay to seriously. If they want to really prevent terrorisim, join the Military.

--03M

TSA-Holes

I call them TSA-Holes. In Tulsa they run the place like a bunch of gawd**ned Nazis. No accountability. Power trip all the way.

In STL they are pretty cool, but TUL! *BLECK* They make you get a ticket to get through Security for the Jumpseat even in UNIFORM!

Jackasses....

What I want to know is where the heLL is ALPA on all of this.
They should be hammering the crap out of either congress, the senate, even Bush to get the a$$ wipes off our backs and start screening all of the passengers, INCLUDING those of 'Middle Eastern Descent'. MY background has been checked and cleared 10 times or more in any of the flying positions I have held, 18 yrs of FAA ATC (twr, tracon) and 7 yrs AF. I am sick of these high school rejects suspecting ME of something.

I would have to say without a doubt, WORTHLESS!!!!!!!

One time we had to airline to pickup an aircraft, not knowing what was onboard, we brought charts, headsets etc just in case. I knew this might cause a problem but nothing of what I expected. I even booked round trio tickets instead of one way to draw away attention at checkin.

We checked in wearing our full uniforms showing both company ID and my IBAC ID. All was ok at that point.

We got in line and all went down from there. The mechanic got thru ok even with a pocket knife in his bag, realized it when we got on the ground later. The guy I fly with had all the charts, portable GPS and stuff tucked in his carry on bag, not a problem. Then I went thru with only the headsets in my bag as far as flying stuff goes. The fu&82n missle raid horns went off from the screener. They literally tore my whole bag apart, gave me a full pat down, tons of questions, the headserts where confiscated, got them back later, a bomb dog and the machine did an explosives test on me etc etc etc. I was even watched at the gate by a State Trooper. Of course the guys I was traveling with were laughing there asses off at me.

I would not have minded if there was some consistency with these guys. You would think that a portable GPS might set something off along with charts. I just dont get it.

On top of that I saw them giving an elderly lady a very rough time since she was having hard time getting her shoes off. She was being threatened that if she did not get them off "they" will send the flight without her. Gotta Love it!!!!!!!!! I love to know that my tax dollars are paying for there low life A Holes with nothing but a power trip. How much are they making by the way? What are the benefits they are getting for doing the job they should have been doing originally.

Sorry guys and gals I am just getting some steam off my chest. I would just love to see this changed. I feel for all the airline guys that have to deal with this just to get to work.

CYA

Avrat

as my understanding goes, the tsa cannot make you take your shoes off prior to walking through the magnetometer, they can after if you beep, but not prior to beeping.
and your right avrat, it does suck when you have to do it on a very frequent basis. I ended up spending 100bucks to buy a pair of doc martens in an effort not to beep in the d a m n e d machine.

TSA

The other day passing through security to start my day I laid my pilot blazer in the container and sent It through. The TSA at the Xray stopped and looked at it for a while, then called over a supervisor. I was trying to remember if I had anything in my pockets and then I found out they didn't like my wings pinned on the blazer. Guess they thought I could slit my own throat with them or something like that. Sheeez!

Dash8 said:
as my understanding goes, the tsa cannot make you take your shoes off prior to walking through the magnetometer, they can after if you beep, but not prior to beeping.
and your right avrat, it does suck when you have to do it on a very frequent basis. I ended up spending 100bucks to buy a pair of doc martens in an effort not to beep in the d a m n e d machine.

We were already thru the initial screening. The old lady thing took place at the gate before departure.

Latest resources

Back