• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

What do you think of the TSA

• Completely worthless

Votes: 93 41.2%
  • Slightly the right idea, just poorly executed/managed.

Votes: 106 46.9%
  • Good, but with a few minor issues

Votes: 26 11.5%
  • Right on

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
TSA AND .......

you might have wondered what happens to the ga-zillion pairs of scissors and tweezer, knifes, vibrators, etc that they confiscate...

It has spawned an entirely new source of tax revenue.

you can buy swiss army knifes by the pound for five dollars, or scissors for three dollars a pound.

Some folks are making a tidy profit on this all this....

chalk up another brillaint idea for the Bush administration......

Oh, how I hate it when politics rears its ugly head........

I HAVE HEARD THAT NOW THE TSA WANTS ACCESS TO THE ACTUAL JUMPSEAT IN RETURN FOR ALLOWING THE JUMPSEAT TO RE-OPEN FOR OFFLINE PILOTS.

ANYONE ELSE HEAR THE SAME?

No TSA-hole will *EVER* sit in my jumpseat. *EVER.*

"I'm sorry, sir, we're weight restricted. Also, you'll need to go through screening and remove your shoes."

Every time I see the TSA harassing our passengers (and thus, my paycheck), I can't help to think of all of those villages out there that are being deprived of their idiots.

ATTENTION TO ALL!!!!

There is a TSA Security Directive out right now that states that aircrews with ID DO NOT have to obtain bording passes, even if in street clothes. There was an article about this in my company ALPA newsletter last month. According to the article, if you are harassed at the checkpoint by the rank-and-file, ask to speak to a supervisor (they are the ones with black shoulderboards) all supervisors are supposed to know about this specific directive. I am going to try to sludge through the TSA website to get the specific number of the directive, so stay tuned.......

The advice of the article is that if you are still given a hard time, fill out an incident report that can be down loaded from the TSA website.

DO NOT GIVE IN TO THESE McDONALDS REJECTS!!!!!!

That Secuirty Directive is old and, though current, not followed by many airports. I have been in a four-month pissing contest with the TSA-Holes in Tulsa about this very thing. I have gotten absolutely nowhere. I continue to send complaint letters up the chain of command, to no avail.

If you could post a copy of the article somewhere that would be a great help to many I am sure.

FEBRUARY 08, 2003

Security Directive 1544-01-10T
Threat to U.S. Aircraft Operators (and Domestic Operations)
Page 5 of 18
Article IV - Passenger Screening Checkpoint

It states that a valid airport or airline issued ID is all that is required to pass through security.

Good luck getting the jerks in Tulsa, OK to follow this rule.

Last edited:
Skull-One

I won't be back home until Sat AM, so I'll post it sometime over the weekend, but I laid out the jist of it in my last post.

The mere fact that these TSA schmoes in TUL know of the directive and still don't follow it shows the arrogance of the Emperial Federal Government. Have you talked to anyone at ALPA about this? I'd love to see a national campaign for informational picketing about how the TSA treats air crews.

The fugging TSA...what a joke!

I cannot wait to see that article, man. I wish it were online somewhere.

It is utterly amazing the arrogance of these people. They make up their own rules as they see fit. Why? Because there is no accountability.

The Federal Security Director in Tulsa (Retired USAF General Stephen Cortwright) won't even return phone calls. Instead, he sends out his AFSD to threaten flight crews if they don't stop complaining.

Great system we have indeed........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back