Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Almerick07

Professional Surf Bum
a T-1 over ran a 7500' runway today at KSWO, it was a vance registered T-1 and attempted to land with about a 30kt. x-wind. The brakes got so hot it started a grass fire, they over ran the runway by about 200'...I watched them land and they used nearly 6000' to finally get the wheels to touch, 172's and 152's continued to land as the wind picked up to around 40kts.

Almerick07 said:
172's and 152's continued to land as the wind picked up to around 40kts.

Is that supposed to make them cooler or something? And I'd like to see the 172 that can land with a 40 kt crosswind. Take that attitude to UPT with you and you won't last long with your MIL instructor pilots.

Not saying the 172's or 152's are cool, just thought it was pretty crazy what these guys were doing....i forgot how bitchy people on this board are, im out

Almerick07 said:
a T-1 over ran a 7500' runway today at KSWO, it was a vance registered T-1 and attempted to land with about a 30kt. x-wind. The brakes got so hot it started a grass fire, they over ran the runway by about 200'...I watched them land and they used nearly 6000' to finally get the wheels to touch, 172's and 152's continued to land as the wind picked up to around 40kts.

Almerick - I look forward to seeing you here at Vance. Then maybe you'll have a clue. The landing zone for the T-1 is 2000' with a max cross of 25. I'm sure not even a CFI as great as you would attempt to land a jet with only 1500' remaining. It's this "I already know it all" attitude that makes CFIs gravitate to the bottom of their UPT class. If I were you, I'd plan on a very humbling experience. FYI, jets are faster than 172s. Just a tip. But you probably knew that. See you in a year.

Take that attitude to UPT with you and you won't last long with your MIL instructor pilots.

i forgot how bitchy people on this board are, im out

Once again...

Take that attitude to UPT with you and you won't last long with your MIL instructor pilots

I see an IP having a hay-day with this one....:bawling:

PUKE

I see an IP having a hay-day with this one....:bawling:

Just one IP ? ? ? ?;)

Lighten up on the kid, Francis's !!!!

Good luck at UPT. Just be humble and you'lle be fine. Most CFI's I have known at UPT finish close to the top (ANG/AFRC of course) as long as they can remember that they are there to learn the Air Force way to fly. If they tell you to do something, just do it.

CLAMBAKE

So let me get this straight you have the 350 Hour FAIP, trying to teach the 2500+ AFRES/ANG pilot. OK, so one will teach the other, formation and stand them up, rote memorization. The other will teach the FAIP how to fly in the national airspace system. And if they gey along, hopefully the AFRES/ANG guy will take the FAIPS resume, and down the road to help him get a job at FEDEX, UPS...etc..etc. Every Mil pilot I know becomes a Civy at some point, unless they die while on active duty. So lesson is don't crap on the civy guy, he might be your meal ticket when you retire or seperate, but if he has an attitude HE!! YA bust his @ss. Later.

The toes I step on today, maybe attached to the @ss I have to kiss tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back