T-1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TankerPuke said:
I know people who have been to a whore-house, but I don't try and dispence advice on those that might go to one :laugh:
I've heard deployments with you are fun......... :pimp:

I've heard deployments with you are fun.........

In due time my friend...in due time... :cartman:

Any Vance guys know about the T1 story? I have some buds there and was curious as to their status. LATERS!

PUKE

P.S. Did this thread degenrate into a serious discussion? If not - let's all start ribbing MarineGrunt for being both CIVY and MIL...like me! WHOO HOO!!! :beer:

There comes a point on these windy approaches that I am sure everyone here has reached - The "jeez I hope it touches down soon before I run out of runway" point. When that point is reached, as a result of experience, the PIC must command and/or perform a go around. I have about 1500 hrs in the BE400A, the civ version of the T-1, and I have had to go around at low altitude (like in a prolonged flare) only a handful of times. ALL of those times mother nature and the jet were sending me signals - airspeed hard to stabilize, glide path hard to maintain, airspeed trend line all over the place, turbulence. These factors don't preclude a landing, they should make you aware that a low alt go around may be neccesary on this pass.

In the flare, if you still have a lot of excess energy (i.e; the plane just won't land) and a long float is encountered, it's time for risk assesment to kick in and go back up and try it again.

TankerPuke said:
So did the T1 run off the runway or not - I can't seem to find anything about it?

Yes it did. I cant find anything on it on the net yet. It ran off of 17 and there was a grassfire at the beginning of 35 between the threshold and approach lighting.

All is well now. The T-1 is still sitting on the ramp.

Superunknown said:
Because someone stated that a civilian pilot with 2000TT is more likely to fail UPT than a guy whom does not know how to distinguish a control stick from a banana. I call BS!!!

That's why.

We never said that..but here is what 2000TT doesn tell..if he/she has the willingness and desire to not only learn but to be taught the AF way...its all about attitude. I have many friends that were CFI's and did great..and also have heard the famous stories about guys with sticks up their rear because they were "unteachable" when they showed up wearing their aviators on day one. That is what we are trying to say. Why so much negativity?? Did you not get accepted into the military?

Otto77 said:
We never said that..but here is what 2000TT doesn tell..if he/she has the willingness and desire to not only learn but to be taught the AF way...its all about attitude. I have many friends that were CFI's and did great..and also have heard the famous stories about guys with sticks up their rear because they were "unteachable" when they showed up wearing their aviators on day one. That is what we are trying to say. Why so much negativity?? Did you not get accepted into the military?

Otto77,

No negativity. Almerica07 posted a post that appears to be just facts but seemed to spark a "kill the messenger" barrage of attacks on him. I just thought I'd run interference for the poor kid thats all.

PS, I changed the link to the post-military training video cause the other one quit working from all the hits.

:D

I changed the link to the post-military training video cause the other one quit working from all the hits.

Sweeeeeettttt.... :D

Glad to hear everything / one is OK. If I remember correctly (which is a big stretch), the T1 is a beatch to land in a crosswind??? Then again...everything I fly is a beatch to land in a crosswind...hehe.
:puke:
PUKE

If it didn't have any pods the ghettotank would be a snap to set down in the X-wind. The Tone, has a dutchroll problem without the yaw damper on (which has to be off for touchdown, unless you want to fight it trying to get off the runway) which can make it a b!tch in the X-wind. Both aircraft take time for pilots to get good at x-wind landings. Just one more thing that makes it seem like they picked the tone specifically to teach ghettotank pilots. It took me about 1.2 years to get max x-wind landings right in the tone, still working on the ghettotank after a year, less landings in same period.

The brakes on the T-1 always seemed too small for the plane, real easy to get hot brakes.

Current AF avg approach speeds.

1. T-38
2. KC-135

I just land in a crab. F#ck it.

Latest resources

Back