• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA wants all FAPA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure what the Lynx guys and gals get paid but I am sure SWAPA would get them a reasonable wage scale. But not the same as the 737.

I am still not too thrilled about this Lynx stuff. We cannot let this slip under the radar. I do not want small planes under the SWA name....at the same time unless "we" SWAPA are flying them...for the same pay rates as the 737. If a 1st year guy at lynx is brought on board here they are getting a well over 100% increase in pay.....I am also curious how SWA mins are being considered in this whole mess. At lynx it looks like it is 1000 total and 100 Multi.....the insurance can't possible allow this....

I agree. If we have another type of aircraft it has to be the same pay rate as the 737. UPS does and it seems to work. However, if we are taking both groups then it has to be a staple. Just think if we did not staple. There could be Lynx guys ahead of SWA pilots? You would have to staple both groups for this to work.

SWAPA stated they "want all FAPA Pilots".

This is exactly what SWAPA also said back during the Morris Air deal. The company pushed for the ability to interview each Morris pilot, but SWAPA said "nope, we want them all".....even the couple of problem children fired from SWA and subsequently hired at Morris.

I'm surprised this tidbit hasn't been raised more often recently with all the pot-shots SWAPA has been taking here lately.

I agree. If we have another type of aircraft it has to be the same pay rate as the 737. UPS does and it seems to work. However, if we are taking both groups then it has to be a staple. Just think if we did not staple. There could be Lynx guys ahead of SWA pilots? You would have to staple both groups for this to work.

Ok Cometman, what gives, do you have multiple personalities or what bro...I just copied this from another thread in which you are trashing the F9 guys and say, "F9 does not derserve to jump over any SWA pilot. They are lucky to be offered a job. Let me say, I am not a pilot with SWA. I could only wish I had the same chance as F9 will have." Yet in this thread you claim "if we are taking both groups then it has to be a staple." :confused:

No kiddin, I noticed that also. Also another thing cometman, we dont get to decide, ya got it? I want to go with SWA, I am happy with whatever they come up with but again we dont have a whole lot to say about it. how about giving it a rest?

Just curious, what is the union procedure for the F9 integration vote? Is there a entire pilot vote or does the Union Exec's. decide?

I would like to see one list including F9 and Lynx to avoid scope and codeshare issues. SWA is a great company to work for. Who knows how this will preceed, however SWAPA feels that this is a better path than fractured solutions.

Get your union leaders to AGREE to a method of intergration with SWAPA, then vote yes. That's how you make a choice if SWA wins the auction. Otherwise, what's behind door #2? If SWA loses the auction, what was the harm?

Plz educate me.

Why are we talking about taking lynx pilots? No offense, but they are regional
airlines, right? We are adding regional guys with relatively low experience to SWAPA list??

Latest resources

Back