Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
SWAPA stated they "want all FAPA Pilots".
They are hopeful, this will work out.

SWAPA wants to negotiate all pay rates/work rules. If SWA gets F9 and Lynxx...SWAPA wants Lynxx on our list and will negotiate pay rates/work rules for this group.

Good Luck, to all involved..

Where did they state this? I'm not questioning it, I would just like to see the quote myself.

I sincerely hope it's true. A flying job at SWA would be a strong second choice for me as an outcome to this sitation (my first choice being entirely impossible).

I also hope SWAPA and GK are on the same page regarding this...

SWAPA Conference Call....happening now
Carl says "its up to the company to buy them (airplanes) and we fly them, nobody else"

SWAPA wants to negotiate all pay rates/work rules. If SWA gets F9 and Lynxx...SWAPA wants Lynxx on our list and will negotiate pay rates/work rules for this group.

That's good to hear.

There's probably a need for a transition agreement and JCBA. My recommendation is get it done before the SLI.

Well I hope this works out, I really do, I do not know if we at fapa even get a vote and even if we do Sean Menke makes the final decision after the auction along with the judge and a bunch of other people. Remember its largest and best offer not just largest. The perception of some at F9 is that rah will preserve more jobs, I myself think it is just a scheme. I would rather take a staple and even a furlough then the rah deal myself.

Well being a lynx employee I'd happily take a staple even if it costs me my job in the short term.

SWAPA is in a great position to get the contract that everyone can agree on. The "no" voters may end up laughing last. This whole scenario is a Negotiating Team dream.

Gary's urgency over the last 2 months all makes sense. This was a scenario he did not want. I think its clear this is a situation where labor for once has the upper hand.

Congrats SWA drivers....

Swapa also said it will NEVER go as far as an arbitrator.

Our union wants ALL F9 pilots to eventually be under the umbrella of SWAPA. It will be an interesting 2 weeks.

Good luck to the F9 folks. Hope everything works out for everyone. This could be a MAJOR win for everyone involved.

:beer:

I am still not too thrilled about this Lynx stuff. We cannot let this slip under the radar. I do not want small planes under the SWA name....at the same time unless "we" SWAPA are flying them...for the same pay rates as the 737. If a 1st year guy at lynx is brought on board here they are getting a well over 100% increase in pay.....I am also curious how SWA mins are being considered in this whole mess. At lynx it looks like it is 1000 total and 100 Multi.....the insurance can't possible allow this....

SWAPA said if we get Lynxx...they will be flown by Pilots on our list!!!!

Latest resources

Back