• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope. I hate to break it to you, but you aren't scaring anyone.

Please, you've been scared your whole life.

I think both sides would be well served to give up this argument and just work on getting you laid.

Though I think this letter is open to interpretation, I wonder why the AAI pilots feel that getting our CBA advances is NOT worth seniority to them...or do you really expect to get the pay AND the seniority because M/B has given you a sense of entitlement...

Also which group was the most upset...the "staped at AAI CP pay" 650 or the junior CPs who were seat protected and paid until 2020??

Blah blah blah blahblahblah, blah blah blah blah blahblah blah Blah blah blah blahblahblah, blah blah blah blah blahblah blah Blah blah blah blahblahblah, blah blah blah blah blahblah blah

More noise from the SWA interview reject. Obviously the process works. Pretty pathetic, your obvious jealousy toward Southwest, it really shows here. Sorry you are stuck at an airline that nobody east of Montana ever heard of, giving you a severe complex. Get over it, we are NEVER buying Alaska, unless it's the State.

Bill,

Not sure why you would think we care what outsiders think of us. Our culture is internal to our company, our customers, and our communities. It does not cross over to our competition. I'll be a professional, I won't whine at the tower if Delta 268 gets to be number one, and I'll try to be better on the radio. But my FAMILY comes first. If you view me as a sky nazi, I don't really care. Clear as mud?

Crystal....

But What does that have to do with the AAI MEC turning down your well slanted seniority proposal....

And another laughable moment is you thinking your "culture" is at stake...maybe the CULT of GK isn't for eveybody.

Good Luck with the Family.....

madjack:

I think it was mostly the junior capts who were faced with a choice of being the bottom reserve ca's for 10 yrs or choosing to downgrade for QOL only to have that seat go to a SWA FO. Most felt that the terms would force a lot of our CAs to choose to downgrade. It seems the SWAPA guys were completely ignoring the subsequent SWA FO upgrades which were sure to happen.
Additionally, the SIA language was weak. Seemed we would be voting away a lot of very good protections for some very weak protections.
Over here the conversation was not about the money - pay rates change. Seniority stays with you forever.

madjack:

I think it was mostly the junior capts who were faced with a choice of being the bottom reserve ca's for 10 yrs or choosing to downgrade for QOL only to have that seat go to a SWA FO. Most felt that the terms would force a lot of our CAs to choose to downgrade. It seems the SWAPA guys were completely ignoring the subsequent SWA FO upgrades which were sure to happen.
Additionally, the SIA language was weak. Seemed we would be voting away a lot of very good protections for some very weak protections.
Over here the conversation was not about the money - pay rates change. Seniority stays with you forever.

Nevermind that the SWA FO was senior right? You might end up with slightly increased seniority, but man is it going to cost you.

Last edited:
"Over here the conversation was not about the money - pay rates change. Seniority stays with you forever."

SWA pilots are concerned about our seniority also...as has been pointed out many times, it is easy to say the conversation is not about money, when you know you will be ultimately operating under the SWA CBA...On both sides the conversation will always be about maximizing personal gains...for you the monetary windfall was a given and therefore there was no need to bring it up...it is good to be the acquired airline isn't it??

"Over here the conversation was not about the money - pay rates change. Seniority stays with you forever."

SWA pilots are concerned about our seniority also...as has been pointed out many times, it is easy to say the conversation is not about money, when you know you will be ultimately operating under the SWA CBA...On both sides the conversation will always be about maximizing personal gains...for you the monetary windfall was a given and therefore there was no need to bring it up...it is good to be the acquired airline isn't it??

How do we reconcile these concerns? That is the hard part about this. Surely there is another way to approach this that addresses both parties concerns.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back