Swapa/swa Ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK GuppyWN & slaquer5

Do you have any facts/something concrete or is this just what the shuttle driver is saying these days? Your theories are yours, but can you back it up with anything for those interested poolies?

I don't want to come off as arrogant,but I am right a lot more than I am wrong. :)

I will bet a months pay we will be having classes this year. JMO :)

I'll take that bet. I make $310 a week from the state of Virginia so thats $1240 vs what $90K (isn't that what you guys make a month?)

Now thats my kind of bet!!

Last edited:
Nobody knows what is going to happen with hiring in the future year.

Call the PD and ask them. I had heard they were all farmed out to different HDQ positions which if true, is not a good sign. Again though, nobody knows.

Our Board of Directors meet next week to discuss and vote whether to send this agreement to the members. You would have better luck finding out where Hoffa was buried than being briefed on the contents of this agreement. Tight-lipped bunch over there in DAL.

As far as hiring goes.........who knows. Good luck.

No Codeshare!

Flying with a member of the BOD. Says they do not know when they will meet to discuss the Agreement in Principle. Could be last week of March or 1st week of April. His guess is 1st week of April.

Lots of codeshare discussion. However, he hasn't seen the final language yet either so it is really hard to say what we do or do not have at this point. I recommend keeping the powder dry and making decisions when the language comes out.

Spent a long time in the pool. Some dark, dark days. But the good news is SWA is a really super place to work. Everything I am hearing is that there will be no hiring this year. But things can always change depending on what happens in the industry.

OK GuppyWN & slaquer5

Do you have any facts/something concrete or is this just what the shuttle driver is saying these days? Your theories are yours, but can you back it up with anything for those interested poolies?

Not handy but give me a day or two and I'll find one of many articles in which Mr. Kelly speaks of "growth." He is on record saying WN will have 2 fewer hulls JANUARY 2011 than we do today. That's not good news for poolies and absolutely irks me that we are downsizing the fleet as we announce codeshare.

I was trying to be a "good boy" and not vent too loudly on a public forum but since I'm being labeled as a malcontent I might as well let it fly. It can be summed up in one sentence.

Codeshare will kill the Southwest Airlines we know today.

Someone said no to codeshare without triggers. I agree but who controls the triggers and what are they? If it is revenue OR load factor triggers those numbers can be easily manipulated by raising or lowering fares. Then what?

I wasn't trying to rain on your pool party. WN is, IMO, the best airline in the world. I love it here. I don't have fuselage envy, I have job protection and scope worries. Sometimes those emerge as lashing posts to unintended people.

My apologies to you but should know both sides of the story.

Gup

Thanks to all for the info. I always like to get all 3 sides of the story. Hoping the swim won't be too long.

mt2

Hey gup.....thanks for the honest response. I too am worried about codeshare. I look at my last airline (a regional based in cvg.....thats easy) we got a pretty good contract but pissed a lot of people off with a 89 day drinking recess. In this time and day of unethical behavior by management at other companies we have to protect ourselves. I look at my old airline that is being ripped piece by piece. It is a shell of what it used to be. You can ask anyone that was there for sometime and they loved it. I look at Comair the same as Southwest in some degree. There were a lot of older and senior people there that were very proud of the company and would stay there forever. That is gone. They had no protection. The airlines are becoming a shell game. We have to protect ourselves!

I also agree with people that we need to see the language. Im not opposed to some codeshare with stuff we cant do RIGHT NOW! But i do want protection for us. I agree with you. Southwest is at a crossroad right now. We can not lose our culture or people. I hope the right thing is done.

With that being said...I love this place! I love going to work. I work with awesome people on the ground and in the air. I do trust our leaders because we have always been the best airline. But...this is a trying time. A lot of people see Gary as an accountant. He has to fight that image and show us that he cares for the culture of southwest. He has in the past and I think/hope he will now. Like I said, I do think our leaders are different that any other airline but we are looking at a big deal here...

Sorry to rant. But I really do luv Southwest and I dont want to see us become like every other airline. I could have went to several other places but I wanted to come to WN since I was a kid. It is a dream come true to be here and Ill do anything to make sure we stay the same.....

Latest resources

Back