• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swapa/swa Ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They did...mostly because of the personality of Jim Parker, the CEO at the time (2004-ish)...Herb came back to the negotiating table and gave them what they wanted and then Parker later left as CEO after only a year or 2 on the job to "spend more time with his family". It does not matter...this TA will pass 2 to 1 no matter what it says. Pilots are easy prey for any airline manager and SWA is no exception.

Not flamin', just curious Tejas - what section 6 experience do you have - I see you are a frequent poster, so just wondering?

Flew at a "legacy" carrier for many years....one of the worst....been through givebacks/failed mergers/ mediated contract talks/management propaganda...

Served as an elected ALPA rep....remember the faces of the usual 12-13 pilots at the LEC meetings...out of around 600 or so at that domicile.

Last edited:
This just in:

SWAPA Board of Directors Votes 16-3 to Send TA to Membership. Final Language should be available for membership review on Friday or Saturday.

Yes, vote no...we need to make sure it doesn't pass by 80 percent, otherwise we would look like a bunch of stupid pilots overwhelmingly giving away their careers for a few 2 percent pay raises

16-3. Or, in other words, 85% of your BoD have decided to sell your future, your growth most certainly your job protection to Gary Kelly for 2%.

Gup

Hey Andy,

I don't remember which forum it was, but I swear it was you who back in the day when the ATA codeshare was coming together that said that the ATA deal would mean that we would never enter the Denver market on our own.

You fear mongers are out to lunch.

We will go where the money is. Period, dot, end.

Profits fuel growth. I don't understand why you naysayers have such a hard time understanding that.

Latest resources

Back