Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were talking about a combined SWA operation...I mean isn't that what we are involved with here??

Fubi, why are you on here? You are beginning to sound like General Lee, and you know how many people like him.

Because someone needs to inject a little ray of third party rational sunshine into the debate.

However, it is apparent you are solidly entrenched into your plot to rob the AAI guys of their rightful seniority, using the red herring pay raise excuse as justification.

The problem is, if you succeed you'll have at least 700 chapped ex-AAI pilots who will never forgive OR forget.

And there goes your "SWA culture" you like to brag about.

700 vs 6000, in life you run into **************************************** every 1 in 7 or 8....

That's the other issue involved (and the biggest single issue I see in SL9).

There's no minimum number of crews that have to come over with each 737 that's transferred and no requirement to bring the 717 over at all, nor is the 30 month limit even a hard limit. It can be extended upon mutual agreement between SWAPA and SWA.

The whole paragraph basically says Southwest can determine how many pilots they offer "transition slots" to, based on the staffing needs of both companies. So if more 737-300's are retired than they take deliveries of -700's or -800's from Boeing, you'll have a surplus of crews. Transition 4 of our 737's over, but you won't need the crews for all 4, maybe just enough for 2 or 3. So they're left on our side of the fence un-transitioned, reducing the average block hours (there's a section that waives all the minimums in our bases) and putting more pilots on reserve.

So until we ARE a combined operation, we have to worry about what's in SL9. That may not be for years to come if the 30-month limit is lengthened.

Now you know what's taking so long on the language... ALPA doesn't want to get sued again for leaving "known issues" out there and causing massive furloughs on the AAI side before integration - TWA all over again. They're a bit gun-shy, can't imagine why. ;)

It'll all work out, I have faith, just have to let the process work.

Because someone needs to inject a little ray of third party rational sunshine into the debate.

However, it is apparent you are solidly entrenched into your plot to rob the AAI guys of their rightful seniority, using the red herring pay raise excuse as justification.

The problem is, if you succeed you'll have at least 700 chapped ex-AAI pilots who will never forgive OR forget.

And there goes your "SWA culture" you like to brag about.

Just curious. If WN bought Virgin America how would that SLI go down if you were king for a day?

Gup

My career expectations were to upgrade at some point prior to the tricentennial. So no, expectations not met.

The feeling is mutual. The only difference is that I'm an 8-yr SWA FO, and you're a junior FO at the acquired "major".

Just curious. If WN bought Virgin America how would that SLI go down if you were king for a day?

Simple. Same way.

1. No bump/no flush
2. All pre-2008 SWA pilots on the list
3. Ratio the rest.

True, the VX guys would keep their Capt. seats unless they bid out of their base.

And the pay issue would be a non-starter.

Simple. Same way.

1. No bump/no flush
2. All pre-2008 SWA pilots on the list
3. Ratio the rest.

True, the VX guys would keep their Capt. seats unless they bid out of their base.

And the pay issue would be a non-starter.

Stick to flying planes, your arbitration skills are dismal. If you are married, it's easy to see you makes the calls in that marriage. Get off the computer, she's going to be home soon.:laugh: Unbelievable lack of reality, along with the lack for abstract thought. You have a GED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back