• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dicko, if I buy you a beer will you drink it instead of typing? Please? ;)

I love ya, buddy, but everyone needs to take a step back and let Jack and the boys handle it. The Southwest guys and gals, for the most part, are doing so, and we need to also.

So whaddaya say? :D

It wasn't about the grammar ... for the most part anyway. :)

The logic and analysis was full of holes. I'm not going to go through the essay and pull it apart. It is disappointing that you don't understand a lot about the Airline that is going to play a part in your future.

If you understood the relative worth of AirTran then you may be a little happier with the situation.

Cheers

Trust me I do. I think the AT is a positive thing, as a whole. It isn't just about us pilots. It's about the 43,000 family members we are about to become. If you have been keeping up with my post for the past couple months, you can see. I don't want ALPA to burn down the house, and bite the hand that is about to feed them.

Dicko, if I buy you a beer will you drink it instead of typing? Please? ;)

I love ya, buddy, but everyone needs to take a step back and let Jack and the boys handle it. The Southwest guys and gals, for the most part, are doing so, and we need to also.

So whaddaya say? :D

What do I say ? I say you handled that a little poorly and using the wrong medium. ;)

My post was not offensive nor did it involve the SLI. I didn't goad Tex.

I talked to one of "Jacks boys" five days ago about this specifically. He had every opportunity to say what you just did. He didn't. Perhaps things have changed since then.

I do hear what you're saying. If you'd like to talk to me perhaps a PM or email would be more appropriate.

Cheers,

Trust me I do. I think the AT is a positive thing, as a whole. It isn't just about us pilots. It's about the 43,000 family members we are about to become. If you have been keeping up with my post for the past couple months, you can see. I don't want ALPA to burn down the house, and bite the hand that is about to feed them.

I completely agree with everything you've said. Thanks.

I wasn't saying you're being offensive, and didn't mean to insinuate anything, just trying to keep things from escalating again just when everyone is starting to chill a bit.

Guess I could have sent a PM, didn't mean to offend. :beer:

10 year AirTran pilot $155/hr

10 year Southwest pilot $144/hr

Go to arbitration immediately! No " Southwest Seat Grab"

We have been leaders in pay, benefits and workrules for over 75 years. The last 10 have not been anything to be proud of. We (all legacies) especially Dal/Nwa have been particuarly weak dicked. To be continued: Crying baby.

Okay, you've goaded a response out of one of us (though I don't know why I even bother.)

When are you Delta boys going to stop living in the past and start focusing on the here & now? Yes, we lagged you and most legacies until 2004. SINCE THEN, we have continued to improve our pay, tighten our scope, and improve our retirement plan. What about you? I'm sure I'm over-simplifying here and I'm standing by to be corrected, but with the Delta/NWA JCBA (your first opportunity to "take it back"), my impression is of a contract that made minuscule gains in pay, and gave away even more scope (i.e. more 70ish seat RJs).

So going forward, when are YOU gonna "take it back?" When are YOU going to get YOUR 737NG rates above ours? When are YOU going to get the RJ genie back into his bottle of SCOPE? We are CURRENTLY besting you by a wide margin in both these areas...hence we're NOT the problem anymore, we're part of the solution FOR THE PROFESSION. When are YOU going to make a NEW contribution TO THE PROFESSION by setting the "bar" for a while?

When you have accomplished these things, you will have a legitimate gripe about SWA and SWAPA. Until then, please just STFU and go enjoy your industry-leading merger.

Latest resources

Back