• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Real answer: Seniority....potentially a lot of it. Why is this so hard for some to understand?

P.S. Upgrades are not nothing, either...unless of course you have no skin in this game like the entire Delta peanut gallery.

Hi, this is a merger. There won't be a staple. So, add 1+1, and someone will lose some seniority. Is this really hard to understand? Do you personally think there should be a full staple? If not, you will have to accept some loss of seniority. Also, if it gets to the arbitration phase, most likely it won't be a staple, and they will look at the facts and give a fair verdict. That is what scares a lot of people here, a fair verdict.

OYS

SWAPA negotiated the contract that SWA will be paying you under.

SWA pilots paid for the negotiations for said contract.

Great, the union negotiated. That is their job. Not one extra dime will come out of the SWA pilots' pockets. And let's get real here, the UAL guys started this ball rolling with high pay first, then went to Delta, and then SWA piggybacked. How do I know? I was there, at United, before I was furloughed there after 9-11. So, UAL and DL pilots paid for it prior to SWAPA.

OYS

And let's get real here, the UAL guys started this ball rolling with high pay first, then went to Delta, and then SWA piggybacked. How do I know? I was there, at United, before I was furloughed there after 9-11. So, UAL and DL pilots paid for it prior to SWAPA.

OYS

I smell a thread hijack! I think it's awesome that our Tranny bro's will get our contract.

Even more so that you won't.

Gup

Via the contract that SWAPA negotiated for its' membership - and I hope sooner rather than later for my future Airtran family.

Relax fellas. Let the unions do their jobs and let us worry about finding a cool dive bar on the overnight.

Gup

Via the UAL and then DL contracts. It is called piggybacking. I don't think that took too much effort from SWAPA negotiators.

At the same time, I do hope you raise the bar in your current negotiations, because my new employer's pilot union would like to piggyback off you guys this time, returning the initial favor. Keep it going up guys, just don't forget your AT brothers are right next to you, so don't box them out.

OYS

I smell a thread hijack! I think it's awesome that our Tranny bro's will get our contract.

Even more so that you won't.

Gup

Oh, I think I will eventually, and for a better airline. No thread creep, just something called a second chance for me. We're next, and if I were you I would prepare yourself for an SLI letdown followed by stagnation due to lack of scheduled retirements. BTW, does GK sound worried to you in those USAToday articles?

OYS

Oh, I think I will eventually, and for a better airline. No thread creep, just something called a second chance for me. We're next, and if I were you I would prepare yourself for an SLI letdown followed by stagnation due to lack of scheduled retirements. BTW, does GK sound worried to you in those USAToday articles?

OYS

No. Gary sounds like Gary. If you knew him, which you don't, you'd understand exactly what he is saying. He's cementing the deal with the DOJ.

Hey Tranny bro's? Did you hear that? OYS says "our" airline sucks. You gonna let him get away with that? ;)

I've had a second chance too. It started the moment I realized I couldn't control the SLI and that Airtran pilots were just a bunch of guys who happened to be in the right spot at the right time. In the end WN will live long and prosper but in the short term I have no doubt someone from BOTH airlines will be disappointed with the SLI. I choose for that to not be me.

Gup

No. Gary sounds like Gary. If you knew him, which you don't, you'd understand exactly what he is saying. He's cementing the deal with the DOJ.

Hey Tranny bro's? Did you hear that? OYS says "our" airline sucks. You gonna let him get away with that? ;)

I've had a second chance too. It started the moment I realized I couldn't control the SLI and that Airtran pilots were just a bunch of guys who happened to be in the right spot at the right time. In the end WN will live long and prosper but in the short term I have no doubt someone from BOTH airlines will be disappointed with the SLI. I choose for that to not be me.

Gup

GUP now works for FOX NEWS....... Where again did I say your airline sux? Never did. I said my new airline is better, and that is my opinion. You can have your's too, but I love how you NOW try to rally support from Airtran guys, after slamming them for so long until you were told to keep quiet by your own union, after they saw your and other ridiculous posts. You are really losing it, mentally and seniority wise upcoming. I do think it is great that you have had a change of heart when if comes to slamming your future bros. Maybe there is hope for you, after you take your meds.

OYS

Last edited:
Via the UAL and then DL contracts. It is called piggybacking. I don't think that took too much effort from SWAPA negotiators.

At the same time, I do hope you raise the bar in your current negotiations, because my new employer's pilot union would like to piggyback off you guys this time, returning the initial favor.

Piggyback my a$$, did UAL or DAL keep those rates? It only works if you can piggyback off someone who could hold the payscale, UAL and DAL didn't do sh#t as far as that goes. You must be a friggin kernel with that logic.:puke:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back