• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On your six - meth head? Are u on drugs?

I guess anybody that makes sense cannot be an AT pilot. All I said was the facts. It might not be what you want to hear but you are free to explain where I am wrong. There are pilots at AT that can make sense. However, it takes a strong person to stand up to the loud mouths. Maybe you are a follower and not a leader. That is ok though. We need followers just like we need leaders.

My union has asked it's pilots not to discuss merger issues on anonymous message boards, and I'll respect that. If you wish to speak to the AT pilots as you claim, do it on our message board...

Respectfully,

C

Doesn't matter. Southwest will be paying you, not SWAPA. Do you think they would rather you be on a B scale? They might, but what kind of unity or "culture" would that create? A bad one. GK and investment bankers thought you would be a good fit with SWA, and they will have to pay up to make everything work, and create a stronger airline overall. You will be paid by SWA, NOT SWAPA. And, they may get a small raise out of this too, which they might not have gotten without the merger. Tell them YOU'RE WELCOME.

OYS

If they get a small raise out of this then I guess we will get the same raise. Great. We not only get the big raise by taking their contract but then they will get another raise. This is gettting better as we speak. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. And this is from an outsider. Thanks again.

You have to ask those SWA guys what they are losing do to this other than perceived upgrades? Answer: NOTHING.

Real answer: Seniority....potentially a lot of it. Why is this so hard for some to understand?

P.S. Upgrades are not nothing, either...unless of course you have no skin in this game like the entire Delta peanut gallery.

You mean for example the 2 737s we just lost to them?

AAI has not lost any aircraft to SWA. There was a slot swap so that we would not take two aircraft in AAI config and livery just to change it to SWA in a year or less. IF the deal falls through AAI would get those aircraft later in the year.

Doesn't matter. Southwest will be paying you, not SWAPA.

Via the contract that SWAPA negotiated for its' membership - and I hope sooner rather than later for my future Airtran family.

Relax fellas. Let the unions do their jobs and let us worry about finding a cool dive bar on the overnight.

Gup

Doesn't matter. Southwest will be paying you, not SWAPA. Do you think they would rather you be on a B scale? They might, but what kind of unity or "culture" would that create? A bad one. GK and investment bankers thought you would be a good fit with SWA, and they will have to pay up to make everything work, and create a stronger airline overall. You will be paid by SWA, NOT SWAPA. And, they may get a small raise out of this too, which they might not have gotten without the merger. Tell them YOU'RE WELCOME.

OYS

SWAPA negotiated the contract that SWA will be paying you under.

SWA pilots paid for the negotiations for said contract.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back