• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad to hear that EVERY SWA captain will treat the AT guys with nothing but respect. Can't wait...

Maybe not every one, but the ones that treat the AT folks badly most likely treat the original SW folks the same way, so don't take it too personally. We have our 10%, like anywhere else.

I bet it does.

On the AirTran 737 it computes an excellent path when used correctly. On a SWA 737 it starts a steam engine that scalds mice who drive a flywheel that creates water in a can.

I thought it commands the AC to slow down. ;)

I bet it does.

On the AirTran 737 it computes an excellent path when used correctly. On a SWA 737 it starts a steam engine that scalds mice who drive a flywheel that creates water in a can.

I think that's actually the "cabin call" button you're describing.

On the NG, the Vnav button opens a hatch in the overhead panel that contains surveyor's sextant and a plumb-bob.

On the Classic, the same hatch contains a barometer and a stopwatch. ;)

Last edited:
SPEAKING of the newly renamed "new-to-Southwest training," have you guys seen this video? Bob Torti was a legend here, and he got canned by VP Flt Ops Magill (or at least so the story goes) for insisting on the full, 6-week course for Airtran guys. Magill supposedly wanted an abbreviated course of a week or so. Then it turns out they're gonna' do the whole course anyway. If it makes you feel any better, you probably won't like your new VP Flt Ops any better than you liked your old one.

Anyway, if you ever met Torti, this is a spon-on imitation. This is exactly how he talked to everyone. He was hilarious. This has been on YouTube since about when the merger was announced, but it's just as funny today. Or at least it would be if you guys had a chance to mee him.

Bubba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9adwsiPz2A

"The F&$%ing Bob Show" was the high point of recurrent GS, but only if you got the live version. The edited for TV version we got on weekend day ground schools paled in comparison....

By the way, Dan, thank you very much for coming along to give the pot a stir. It's what you seem to do best. I've been expecting you!

Bubba

Your Welcome! I'm flattered you seem to to put so much importance in my opinion. If you look closely, my posts are not anti SWA. They are more about my perspective that SWA hardly treated the AirTran merger as, to quote "Gary", "a merger we can all be proud of".
As is obvious on here, SWAPA/SWA screwed the pooch with how they handled this 717 deal. It's clear on here that many at SWA think the AirTran folks are just lucky to be there and should be happy with anything they got. I think that kind of attitude should be called out for what it is.

Last edited:
Your Welcome! I'm flattered you seem to to put so much importance in my opinion. If you look closely, my posts are not anti SWA. They are more about my perspective that SWA hardly treated the AirTran merger as, to quote "Gary", "a merger we can all be proud of".
As is obvious on here, SWAPA/SWA screwed the pooch with how they handled this 717 deal. It's clear on here that many at SWA think the AirTran folks are just lucky to be there and should be happy with anything they got. I think that kind of attitude just be called out for what it is.

SWAPA had nothing to to with the 717 deal.

Regarding the "new hire" moniker for the FAT, on SWALife the training class rosters differentiate between Initial Training Class rosters and New Hire Class rosters; the FAT are all included in the former. Is the class the same? Most likely, but they are considered something other than New Hires.

Just keeping it real. Back to the arguing now.

Welcome everyone, now let's all row in the same direction. I got 24 more years I need SWA to survive :beer:

Latest resources

Back