• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fletch, you guys brought no seats. I seem to remember your ass was bought! Get over it. You guys voted SL9 down, now live with it! This hasn't been real great for us either.

Gee, I can't wait to babysit you from the right seat. I'm sure you will tell me all about your military days, and how if just one of your three exwives would realize what a great guy you are you wouldn't have to fly 95 hours a month to pay them, dick.

Fletch, you guys brought no seats. I seem to remember your ass was bought! Get over it. You guys voted SL9 down, now live with it! This hasn't been real great for us either.

Hey guys. Tweet could have probably said this more tactfully, but the fact of the matter is he's right and truth hurts. I'm tired of hearing the term merger, it was an acquisition and nothing less. We all know there is a difference. I am staring at a 20 year upgrade in the face but there's nothing you or I can do about it except hope that things will work out. After this, I have approximately 1300 extra pilots above me. Getting displaced as a result of this is what concerns me the most. We are all now on the same team... pilots, trying to support our families. Good luck to us all.

-Ten

Hey guys. Tweet could have probably said this more tactfully, but the fact of the matter is he's right and truth hurts. I'm tired of hearing the term merger, it was an acquisition and nothing less. We all know there is a difference. I am staring at a 20 year upgrade in the face but there's nothing you or I can do about it except hope that things will work out. After this, I have approximately 1300 extra pilots above me. Getting displaced as a result of this is what concerns me the most. We are all now on the same team... pilots, trying to support our families. Good luck to us all.

-Ten

I actually agree. Imagine if GK tried to sell the whole I'm buying 52 airplanes (AT's 737s) with about 100 cheap options AND taking all the pilots too. How does that plan sound to you guys? What? Worse than Frontier? No question he had to mislead both sides to get this done. There is nothing merger about this deal. The cleansing has already begun. Sorry for the negative souding posts in advance. As i said before, my moving forward clock just got reset. Time will fix our current probems as long as GK keeps us off the rocks or oil doesn't run us aground.

No question he had to mislead both sides to get this done.

Our NC/SWAPA is telling us the AAI side was aware that the 717s could go away at any time...

No question he had to mislead both sides to get this done.

Our NC/SWAPA is telling us the AAI side was aware that the 717s could go away at any time...

I believe it was always a possibility that SLI 9 had accounted for, the whole captain retention slot thingy. Big Sis, Slick, Chuckle Head and the other 4 geniuses in our union I guess couldn't comprehend that.

-Ten

I'm so tired of this BS, point to some examples of mergers in the industry where there was not an aquiring party? Now tell me about the "difference" between a merger and an aquisition "we all know" about. Pretty much every merger has been an aquisition, the terms are interchangeable.

Call it what you like, this was a combination of two solvent, unionized major airlines flying comparable equipment and the SW pilots got the best seniority deal anybody has every gotten in that situation, it was unprecedented. Your management team pointed a gun at the AT guys and got you a great deal, good for you, what more do you want? A bunch more upgrades so a lot of your senior FO's will upgrade well before they ever would have without AT?..........you got that too and I'll bet those guys won't be complaining when they cash their CA paychecks.

AAI seniority ceased to exists the minute the airline was bought...that is a fact...every airline that SWA acquired prior to AAI, the pilots of the acquired airline started at the bottom...AA screws STL (and the TWA pilots) and we get a law...SWA buys AAI and mgmt and both unions overwhelmingly approve a SLI that gives former AAI pilots seniority on the SWA MSL...many AAI pilots go ahead of SWA pilots who interviewed, got typed and started at the bottom at SWA (some of those pilots were former AAI CPs and FOs)...so who is getting "screwed"?

Sniff....sniff....

It is over guys! I don't care where you were before the "announcement". The deal is done and the list is what it is. Many AT guys feel slighted and many SWA f/o's feel the same way. It sucks!!! The question is what type of person are you? Do you have any character? What are you going to do when you are conversing or flying with someone from the other side?

We are all pawns in this game. Hopefully GK and his minions can get their act together and make this a great place for all of us.

hopefully the pilots will realize we need to stick together cause it's only going to get worse once Gary realizes he screwed the pooch overpaying for his misadventure. Then he'll come asking us to pay for that mistake, above and beyond what we already have, to wit, we must stand firm and say FUGK.

Latest resources

Back