• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TV show

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, we even haul a bunch of Freight Dogs in the back of our planes.

Hey pizzaguy, you saying we are slowing up your diamond jet in BWI?

Last edited:
sf260pilot said:
My statement came from one of your brethren at FedEX.

Oh I have no doubts about the veracity of your statement, nor do I have any about mine. :rolleyes:

Hey everyone, QUIT CHASING YOUR TAILS and realize that some people prefer to do a different kind of flying than you do. Pretty much everything above is accurate, although MR. Hat didn't account for UPS having a pension to counteract SWA's profit sharing.

Some folks like lots of legs/day, others prefer one leg and a long layover. It might not be what you like, but life is about choices. Just because someone chooses something that you don't like doesn't make them wrong.

The 'wrong side' comments above were pretty funny, perhaps that can be the new focus of the thread...

Mr Hat said:
12 year CA UPS $190/hr
12 year CA SWA $190/hr
Profit sharing UPS None
Profit sharing SWA yes

Not saying UPS is a bad place to be but you can probably hold off on the W2 contest. Both are great places to work, they are entirely different kinds of flying....altogether... (insert line here)
It all depends on what you feel you would enjoy more.

UPS has a 975 hour minimum annual guarantee ... what's SWA's? UPS has an 11% B plan ... how about SWA's? UPS has a 1% A plan ... how about SWA's? Oh forgot to mention it's been 8 years since our last contract was signed ... that might have something to do with this equation (let's compare again after our TA).

You see ... at SWA you have no choice ... reserve or line holders both fly their butts off. Not so at UPS and FedEx ... reserves are generally about 4 days of work per month. Even international line holders have cake schedules and awesome layovers compared to the average line slug at SWA. Would you rather have 24-96 hours off in Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing, Cologne, Paris, London, Sydney, Vienna ... or 10-14 hours off in Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, or Oklahoma City?

My point is that you have a CHOICE at UPS and FedEx, and don't at SWA! To each his own, I suppose. Again I ask ... what's up with all the negative vibes toward us lowly freight boys?

BBB

SWPA Pilot said:
I just watched the SWA TV show for the first time. I came to three conclusions;

1. Gate agents aren't paid enough.

2. I'm all for pilots carrying guns as FFDO. It is probably a good idea that gate agents don't pack heat.

3. It makes cargo flying look like a great option.
Hahahaha...I watched the one that was on today. What a bunch of jackasses. They show up after the plane is gone and wonder "wha happened?"

What about those two dumb broads they had to shag down in airport bar to tell them that their husbands got booked and left with the kids on a flight. Dumb!

I think Mencia would have a few choice words for some of these idiosos.

Does UPS have day flying like Fedex. I don't see how that could affect your body any differently.

SWA/FO said:
So lets review...flying freight is hard on your body.

Is that the comeback: "I may look 20 years older then I am, but I make more money then you and I drink beer in Maui???" Nothing like being away from your family for 96 hours..

For the slower folks out there (SWA/FO) ... I'll connect the dots for him ... working a whopping 4 days per month I have found is very EASY on my body, not very hard. Do you see my point now SWA/FO? I didn't think it was that obscure.

I think I generally look my age. As far as being away from your family for 96 hours ... aren't you also away from your family for 96 hours on a 4 day SWA trip there fella? I know this is higher math and all. You make it sound like excruciating torture to be separated from your family for 4 days ... lol

I'll take baking my butt on Waikiki (and yes drinking beer, god forbid!) over freezing that same rear in Omaha in December!! Please make me re-think my ways ... LOL!!!

BBB

You sure are looking for a fight there BBB.....

Again, did I mention anything about what you are attacking me and my Company over? I just posted that freight flying is tough on your body...

I like freight dogs.....
I am a former freight dog. Did you read that, I am a former freight dog.. While you were flying missions in the miltary gaining your flight time, I was flying freight....

Flying freight got me to where I am today. Most of the freight guys I know had a lot thicker skin then you do. I think UPS and FedEx are great companies to work for...heck I ship all my $hit on both of 'em... Have I made fun of you or your company? NO....and you have only been an a$$ to me.

Why don't you stop being an a$$ kernal, you should get going the sun is down and its time to get to work. Go fly my overnight package...

Latest resources

Back