• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA "trips" pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So in regards to picking up open time in and out of base. If there is a trip open, does it go to whoever picks it up first or do people bid for it and it goes to the most senior person? Thanks.

open time goes to most senior person in domicile that bid for it (actually the most senior person in domicile that is under the cap), followed by the most senior person in the system seniority.

The "cap" is 115% of the average monthly line totals. You can fly over it, but you lose seniority. This keeps the most senior folks from getting all the open time. At least that's how I understand it.

Last edited:
My May line is worth 104 TFP so I will get at least $11,147.76 + per diem for the month based on our system. Hope this answers the question.

Yeah. I just lost "Spot the Arsehole," because looking around me, I just couldn't see him.

Christ.

Geeze brother. Why the smack down? I think it's "fuzzy math" the way we get paid too. Does that mean I should quit?

There's got to be a good deal in it for the company or we would have stopped it years ago.

Gup

It is a good deal for the company and we (SWAPA ) have asked to change in several contracts.SWA does not want to change the trip rate . It is not worth taking to the table to change. Actually its a better deal for the pilots on the long haul.

I assume they don't teach you this in training, so what would you guys say is the typical time it takes to learn this and how do you learn it? Is it going to be trial and error....just do and learn ourselves? Obviously $$$ is a great motivator, but I was just wondering how we learn this---bidding, TFPs, etc, you get the picture!

Once you finish IOE...just ask anybody in the pilot lounge...we're all trying to make an extra buck...but always willing to help.

Believe me, we won't let you drown....

It is a good deal for the company and we (SWAPA ) have asked to change in several contracts.SWA does not want to change the trip rate . It is not worth taking to the table to change. Actually its a better deal for the pilots on the long haul.

I do not recall swapa asking for hourly pay in any negotiations in the last 15 years. Why would we want to change it?

I can find no reference to swapa requesting a change to hourly pay in any contract or side letter negotiation since 1993. I cannot imagine why anyone at SWA would want to.

I am just going by what Bob landa (sp) told me. He could be wrong ,he was only here since day one and very good friends of Herb. :)

Latest resources

Back