SWA took one step closer to being a regional carrier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chuck Yogourt said:
Hey satpak77: The only thing you "own" is a big mouth. Take my handle off of your signature.

dude you are back, please post something abuot how Air Midwest or Midwest Express or whoever you work at is better than SWA or FDX, etc etc

please continue to stimulate me

satpak77 said:
dude you are back, please post something abuot how Air Midwest or Midwest Express or whoever you work at is better than SWA or FDX, etc etc

please continue to stimulate me

Yeah, Dude. Hey Dude. Wow dude. Shut up dude.

Mach 80 said:
>>>If it was so great then why didn't anyone want to come here when the legacy's were hiring? <<<

They were chasing the higher pay rates, that's true, but they forgot to check debt/equity ratios and that's why those same guys are now furloughed and working at Home Depot or in the TSA. If they had made the better and smarter LONG TERM decision and got hired at SWA, they would now be in Captain upgrade training at one of the highest paying 737 operators in the world and flying new airplanes instead of working at Home Depot or the TSA.

Did he hit a sore spot with ya? When did you get hired? How was the D/E ratio back then compared to the majors?

Does it make you feel good to crap on top the 9000+ legacy guy's/gal's with the Home Depot/TSA remark? Dude those folks, me included LOST their jobs.

Depending on when you where hired the "better/smarter" choice you alluded to could have been any number of airlines. Congrats on your "smarter/better" choice, enjoy it. Evidently the tens of thousands of applicants at the legacies could have used your crystal ball.

Mach 80 said:
>>>If it was so great then why didn't anyone want to come here when the legacy's were hiring? <<<

They were chasing the higher pay rates, that's true, but they forgot to check debt/equity ratios and that's why those same guys are now furloughed and working at Home Depot or in the TSA. If they had made the better and smarter LONG TERM decision and got hired at SWA, they would now be in Captain upgrade training at one of the highest paying 737 operators in the world and flying new airplanes instead of working at Home Depot or the TSA.

Some were chasing high pay. Others wanted a stable job with a domicile where they wanted to live. The SWA choice was smart in the late '90s if you understood the profit sharing and extra flying income potential. Most, myself included, didn't see all the facts but am fortunate to be here now.

International is still the most profitable flying and possession of international routes attracted many applicants who thought it would ensure the future of said legacies. We just didn't see how the domestic side would take such a beating.

Your chest thumping about "highest paying 737 operator" gives me the chills. Weren't we saying this about UAL and DAL a short time ago???

Latest resources

Back