• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to suspend interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry for the knob calling, but it just sounds a little stuck-up-ish the way that was put. Thank you for your interest in my post.

Check history of posts/the people who post them before you start throwing down some names. Better yet, don't throw down names at all. It only makes you look bad.
Tone and true intent are difficult to fathom in this medium. However, name-calling is obvious. What was it that some wise man said? Better to keep your mouth shut and not prove you're a fool? Of course I paraphrase....I'm not real wise myself.
Chase has proven his worth time and again here on this board. Knob? Stuck up? Puh-lease. He is sincere when he says "thank you for you interest". Trust me.

fuzzy077

no harm no foul...being called a knob is one of the kinder things I've been called lately so don't lose any sleep over it;) ....no offense taken...this medium is difficult to "read"...done the same thing myself plenty of times...as for my defenders, I owe them all money so they're trying to stay on my good side :) ...the day any of us at SWA take for granted (1) anyone who is a customer (2) a future fellow employee who is willing to put themselves through such a painful & expensive process & (3) keeping costs low...well that is the day we do follow the path of other carriers who have fallen prey to believing they're better than the other guys....just my opinion...good luck to you in your aviation pursuit.:)

FL717 said:
This is due to the planned announcement of the purchase/merger agreement between AirTran and Southwest.

We're just taking the planes and the routes. You're a$$e$ are going on the street.

Now go POUND SAND! (never quite understood what that means, just always wanted to say it)

TexaSWA said:
We're just taking the planes and the routes. You're a$$e$ are going on the street.
I hear ya!

Being in this industry, thats what keeps me awake at night .... its only a matter of time. One day you're kingsh!t...... the next day your dogsh!t.

TexaSWA said:
Now go POUND SAND! (never quite understood what that means, just always wanted to say it)

Actually her name is SANDY.... you forgot the "Y".... and okay.... I'll go pounce on SANDY...... only because you said so..:)

Last edited:
FL717 said:
Actually her name is SANDY.... you forgot the "Y".... and okay.... I'll go pounce on SANDY...... only because you said so..:)

Now thats a thought I can live without. Sandy naked yes. You he!! no!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL717
This is due to the planned announcement of the purchase/merger agreement between AirTran and Southwest.

TexaSWA said:

You tell 'em Tex. The only thing that would be worse would be letting the smurfs on the property.

With respect to SWA temporarily suspening interviews for a while, I have a question for all you current SWA guys (Chase?). If someone had an interview already scheduled for next week (02/21), do you think that the temporary suspension of further interviews would hurt or help getting an offer after next week's interview? Thanks.

All you guys might think you don't merge but your management might end up thinking different. Although I'm not suggesting this will happen--- here's why:

You probably didn't think SWA would have done what it has with ATA so far.
Including sending over J Dennison to clean house. Which so far he has done.
Management folks that should have been gone 32 years ago are gone. C8 is also leaving.
The code share is turning out to be bigger than thought. 2000 bookings a day was hoped for, it's already up to 1700 a day.
Picking up ATA would be a turn key International and global network opportunity for SWA. Within months aircraft could be launched from BWI-Europe, MCO-south, the possibilities are endless. In June the 737 at ATA will be ETOPS approved.
SWA knows now it can sell international tickets. A huge untapped market.
ATA can be had for pennies and the pilots would probably have no problem going to the bottom of the list for a secure future.

Again just speculation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back