SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL,

Did the MEC not give the MC enough guidance in what they expected? Was the MEC never briefed about where that negotiations were headed?

These are the questions that I wonder how much the MEC was in control of their side of the process. Must of been some massive disconnect.

Massive disconnect is an understatement. IMO, there was NO direction given to the MC. I was flying with an MEC member when the news broke. Lets just say that the MEC member was learning of the details of SL9 (SLI-1) from other line pilots. LH or other MEC members would not return calls. You want to talk about a frustrated individual!

Phred

"As far as I'm concerned, I gave SWA a chance and SWA spit in my face in return."

Maybe thats exactly how SWA felt after SLI-1

I wanted to give SWA a chance, slaquer5. Despite the claims by some, I didn't "hate" SWA prior to this mess. When the merger was announced, I certainly wasn't thrilled, but I wasn't upset by it, either. I saw it as an opportunity for our pilots to be a part of a bigger carrier with more possibilities for expansion into international markets. I was willing to "give SWA a chance." And I held onto that opinion all the way through the SLI negotiations, even when things started to look bad. It wasn't until Gary put out the threatening letter that my opinion started to swing, and then the blatant lies told to us about the 717s staying until their lease expiration was the straw that broke the camel's back. As far as I'm concerned, I gave SWA a chance and SWA spit in my face in return.

But thank you for the compliments. :)
please post a link to this threatening letter, for all to see and judge.

please post a link to this threatening letter, for all to see and judge.

Not too long ago another asked for this letter from Lear 70. He just danced around giving reasons of why it couldn't be produced.

I personally would have had this letter ready to show.

I sort of doubt that, seeing as how the current ALPA Group B3 EVP is an ExpressJet pilot. :)
Good call. I had to double check my ALPA structure. It appears the above quote was written by none other the Group B4 EVP himself. Do you happen to know if the Group B4 EVP is going to man up and race his Jaguar against my wife's BMW? :)

I was flying with an MEC member when the news broke. Lets just say that the MEC member was learning of the details of SL9 (SLI-1) from other line pilots.

Phred
Phred, that MEC person you were flying with didn't mention the MEC conference call the MC initiated around 2-3pm on July 16th, 2011? You know the one where the MC Vice Chair got 7-1 approval by voice vote to sign AIP #1 if we got the Captain Retention Slot program and Atlanta fence to September 27th, 2020 (10 years from Merger Announcement Date)? I guess the MEC member you were flying with a short memory. They were fully briefed.

I may only have a HS diploma, but at least my high school did a better job of teaching basic grammar than your college did.

WHAT! Not even a 4 year degree or 737 type rating? I'd be counting my lucky stars if I was you. You have a job thousands want and they should have it.... before you.

You never really "considered or wanted SWA" becuase they would NEVER have called you. You should be thanking Gary, not slaming him.

"As far as I'm concerned, I gave SWA a chance and SWA spit in my face in return."

Maybe thats exactly how SWA felt after SLI-1

SLI-1 was the first bit of spittle. It was insulting to our pilots.

Good call. I had to double check my ALPA structure. It appears the above quote was written by none other the Group B4 EVP himself. Do you happen to know if the Group B4 EVP is going to man up and race his Jaguar against my wife's BMW? :)

You'd have to ask the Group B4 EVP. I'm just an anonymous screen name on an internet forum.

But I would say that a Jaguar is certainly far superior to your little girly BMW. :)

Latest resources

Back