• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I give PCL alot of credit. He smart, gives 100%, and is passionate with his union work.

......two out of three ain't bad.

-Meat Loaf 1977

I give PCL alot of credit. He smart, gives 100%, and is passionate with his union work.

I just wish he would stop the hate, and give SWA a chance. He might actually like it here :)

You're a nice guy, I enjoy your posts but you give "him" too much credit. He is a self serving opportunist, I trust him about as much as I would trust our former management.

Last edited:
Anyone have any guesses on who authored this one:

-----------------------------------------
Keith, it's not about scaring people; it's about giving people all of the facts rather than just letting the angry forum posters control the dialogue. There are tough decisions to be made here. Tough decisions were made at NMB headquarters the night that the TA was reached. People need to think things through logically rather than emotionally. If you think that putting the likely negative outcomes out there for consideration by the pilots is "fear mongering," then you're welcome to your opinion. I, on the other hand, believe that it would be grossly irresponsible of this union to not put that information out there. The pilots will make the ultimate decision, but they should do so with all of the facts and knowing all of the potential outcomes.

The key to this email is the authors belief that a negative outcome was likely. That is a matter of option not fact. Others believed it a negotiating ploy. We will never know which because the AT pilots folded like a K-Mart lawn chair.

I just wish he would stop the hate, and give SWA a chance. He might actually like it here :)

I wanted to give SWA a chance, slaquer5. Despite the claims by some, I didn't "hate" SWA prior to this mess. When the merger was announced, I certainly wasn't thrilled, but I wasn't upset by it, either. I saw it as an opportunity for our pilots to be a part of a bigger carrier with more possibilities for expansion into international markets. I was willing to "give SWA a chance." And I held onto that opinion all the way through the SLI negotiations, even when things started to look bad. It wasn't until Gary put out the threatening letter that my opinion started to swing, and then the blatant lies told to us about the 717s staying until their lease expiration was the straw that broke the camel's back. As far as I'm concerned, I gave SWA a chance and SWA spit in my face in return.

But thank you for the compliments. :)

max, if that's an email rather than a forum post, you probably shouldn't be posting it. I'm not sure who the author is (although I could probably guess), but I would imagine that he wouldn't appreciate having his private emails intended for a small audience posted publicly on FI. Once again, you demonstrate having no class.

max, if that's an email rather than a forum post, you probably shouldn't be posting it. I'm not sure who the author is (although I could probably guess), but I would imagine that he wouldn't appreciate having his private emails intended for a small audience posted publicly on FI. Once again, you demonstrate having no class.
The following quote (copied from my previous post) is not from a private email but rather a AirTran forum post made by the current ALPA Group B3 EVP. I wonder if the ALPA lawyers will like seeing all his forum posts in the discovery depositions :)

------------------------------
Keith, it's not about scaring people; it's about giving people all of the facts rather than just letting the angry forum posters control the dialogue. There are tough decisions to be made here. Tough decisions were made at NMB headquarters the night that the TA was reached. People need to think things through logically rather than emotionally. If you think that putting the likely negative outcomes out there for consideration by the pilots is "fear mongering," then you're welcome to your opinion. I, on the other hand, believe that it would be grossly irresponsible of this union to not put that information out there. The pilots will make the ultimate decision, but they should do so with all of the facts and knowing all of the potential outcomes.

Last edited:
The following quote (copied from my previous post) is not from a private email but rather a AirTran forum post made by the current ALPA Group B3 EVP.

I sort of doubt that, seeing as how the current ALPA Group B3 EVP is an ExpressJet pilot. :)

PCL,

Did the MEC not give the MC enough guidance in what they expected? Was the MEC never briefed about where that negotiations were headed?

These are the questions that I wonder how much the MEC was in control of their side of the process. Must of been some massive disconnect.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back