• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, they're simply being non-confrontational in their job setting because they're professionals.

The arrogance of this statement is overwhelming. How on earth would you know what these individuals would be thinking.

So essentially you say no, then say they are lying to be professional. WTF??

How could anyone with an ounce of knowledge of SWA's 40 year history of their business model strongly consider that the 717's didn't fit.

I thought it at least a good possibility that SWA would either quickly, or slowly retire, or find new homes, for the bastard aircraft in their fleet.

How about we ACT like we are on the same team and move on. NOTHING is going to change. How about we all grow up a bit here and act like the professionals we expected to be treated as such. Or continue to be our own worst enemy.

There is a section 6 going on here that ALL of us will be working under. A far more important reason to be unified than dwelling about the past.

Good luck to us all.

I agree. You are right.

I don't instigate anything. You trying to paint me into that corner isn't going to work.

Only in your eyes and maybe 2 or 3 other people on here. The simple truth is that you don't like anyone who doesn't "rah rah" about Southwest. That's fine, you don't have to like me. But the simple fact that others don't see the same thing you do in my posts should be your big sign... you know, the sign that says maybe you need to re-think your "label"?

Just a thought. ;) I pretty much don't care whether you think so or not (or much of anyone else on here), I just have no interest in seeing history re-written to something it was not.

No, they're simply being non-confrontational in their job setting because they're professionals.

Professionals don't stir the pot like you do. But thanks for your input! So glad you're here... (that's passive-aggressive again in case you still don't understand the definition). :D

Good lord. Loaded with cheap shots.

When I read your posts, you are hypocritical within yourself. Comically you don't see this Mr. Lear 70.

They ought to change the name of this thread to "The Monkey Cage".

It seems to have devolved into a bunch of primates with red, angry asses, chattering loudly and flinging handfuls of poo at each other. :laugh:

So essentially you say no, then say they are lying to be professional. WTF??

Talked to a guy in security today commuting to work...former AirTran. He hated the commute west, but said all the SWA peeps were nice to him so far. He was NOT happy in the slightest though. In fact, the exact words he used were, "It sucks". He keeps quiet about his displeasure on the line though and puts on a smile. Ask him how he likes it there, and I'll guarantee he'll lie straight to your face and say everything is fine. That's at least the 5th or 6th guy I've talked to that crossed and said they wish they hadn't gone over so soon. The others I've met out and about enjoy not commuting to ATL anymore, but hated losing their seat in the process.

I'm sure what you hear is the exact opposite. Go figure.

I am stirring the pot, huh.
Yes, you are. I'm talking in generalities and not blaming you or the pilots of SWA for anything at all and you got personal.

Hide an insult with a grin.......:rolleyes:
No, I pretty much put it right out there. There wasn't any "hiding" it at all. The grin was because I think you're a putz.

Lear 70, Do you not deserve your reputation off this board? And I am certain you know, you do. I would be ashamed if I had yours.
Ditto. You can't debate facts, constantly make things personal, and everyone knows it. Not worried about it in the slightest. If my "reputation" is that I believe our pilots should have been treated better in this process and that GK should have honored the Process Agreement, stayed out of it, and let it go to arbitration then integration as he promised in the Process Agreement, I'm good with that.

I've said as much to senior SWA management. I don't call anyone names. I don't get angry about it. But I also have ZERO tolerance for bullsh*t, yours included, and call things like I see them. If that's earned me a reputation... I'm good with that.

Like Winston Churchill said: "So you've made enemies? Good! That means you've stood up for something at least once in your life."

Good lord. Loaded with cheap shots.
As was his post. I don't respond personally unless someone attacks me personally first. You'll find I do the same in person.

When I read your posts, you are hypocritical within yourself. Comically you don't see this Mr. Lear 70.
As are you. Inferring that I should just take his personal attacks and not respond, and making a cheap shot yourself in the same post. I'll give you an example in your last post:

The arrogance of this statement is overwhelming. How on earth would you know what these individuals would be thinking.
You accuse me of being arrogant, your own cheap shot at me, then you berate me for taking "cheap shots"...

Pot paging Kettle... come in, Kettle. :rolleyes:

The sheer ARROGANCE of people like you thinking that "ALL" the AirTran pilots (or even the majority of them) are just peachy happy with the way things happened is simply asinine. I mean you guys REALLY need to get over your own ego.

Will people move on and make the best of it? Sure. Do you REALLY think they're HAPPY with the way this worked out?

You're going to need a reasonable suspicion test. Seriously. Lay off the wacky weed.

Yes, you are. I'm talking in generalities and not blaming you or the pilots of SWA for anything at all and you got personal.

No, I pretty much put it right out there. There wasn't any "hiding" it at all. The grin was because I think you're a putz.

Ditto. You can't debate facts, constantly make things personal, and everyone knows it. Not worried about it in the slightest. If my "reputation" is that I believe our pilots should have been treated better in this process and that GK should have honored the Process Agreement, stayed out of it, and let it go to arbitration then integration as he promised in the Process Agreement, I'm good with that.

I've said as much to senior SWA management. I don't call anyone names. I don't get angry about it. But I also have ZERO tolerance for bullsh*t, yours included, and call things like I see them. If that's earned me a reputation... I'm good with that.

Like Winston Churchill said: "So you've made enemies? Good! That means you've stood up for something at least once in your life."

As was his post. I don't respond personally unless someone attacks me personally first. You'll find I do the same in person.

As are you. Inferring that I should just take his personal attacks and not respond, and making a cheap shot yourself in the same post. I'll give you an example in your last post:

You accuse me of being arrogant, your own cheap shot at me, then you berate me for taking "cheap shots"...

Pot paging Kettle... come in, Kettle. :rolleyes:

The sheer ARROGANCE of people like you thinking that "ALL" the AirTran pilots (or even the majority of them) are just peachy happy with the way things happened is simply asinine. I mean you guys REALLY need to get over your own ego.

Will people move on and make the best of it? Sure. Do you REALLY think they're HAPPY with the way this worked out?

You're going to need a reasonable suspicion test. Seriously. Lay off the wacky weed.

I have been a lurker for a long time on these boards. And from the outside looking in, this thread would have died a long time ago if you didn't keep it alive. And you seem to be very unaware that you appear to have manic behavior. It really comes off as neurotic. Your replies are very immature in nature.

So now you will make some judgement of me based on the last five sentences.

I hope this board gets back to normal so I can get some useful information. This SWA hate thing is so old.

I have been a lurker for a long time on these boards. And from the outside looking in, this thread would have died a long time ago if you didn't keep it alive.
If you say so. I had started letting everything go when Max came out of lurking from his wife's-imposed posting hiatus and started in. Go back and read the last few posts of mine before he posted.

And you seem to be very unaware that you appear to have manic behavior. It really comes off as neurotic. Your replies are very immature in nature.
LOL - if you say so. My fiance' is a practicing Psychiatrist... if I had "manic" behavior, I'm pretty sure she'd have noticed it a long time ago. Just celebrated our 2nd year since we met, she's had time to figure it out... IF it were there. Opinions vary, I guess. ;)

So now you will make some judgement of me based on the last five sentences.
No, no judgment. You are entitled to your opinion, even if I don't agree with you. I'd PREFER if people would limit their opinion TO THE ISSUES, rather than get personal (like you also have done now), but hey... with the Webmaster letting this board be a free-for-all these days, why try to keep discussions on-topic?

I hope this board gets back to normal so I can get some useful information. This SWA hate thing is so old.
And that lets me know that you're a SWA employee. It's only perceived as "SWA hate" by SWA employees. Everyone else pretty much recognizes it as the angst accompanying a widely-unpopular SLI integration result, with people spewing angst on BOTH sides of the aisle...

But why let facts get in the way. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back