• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't use these few months as an example, blank lines have never had reserve lines inside them until we became overmanned, i'll adress your follow on post later, gotta do some honey do's.

Plus, the company is evidently loving the food fight, or lack of food fight now that we are overmanned, very little premium pay to go around.

Yeah, I figured that was coming... sorry. Sucks for your guys that are used to getting lots of flying / $$$ :(

No worries, I'm procrastinating on honey-do's... mainly because I'm flipping hung over after 4 Champagne cocktails with Orange-flavored Tequila, 4 Gin Lemon something's, and a champagne toast at midnight. Sitting here doesn't hurt... everything else does. ;)

Forgot to say, almost all those blank lines I listed above have 18 days off.

We can split trips anywhere we chose, as long as someone likes the split they can take it. I started trips in plenty of Non-base, non-hub cities.

To be honest, I'm not sure when it starts. I think some of it has already been phased in. We just had too many of the same actors getting ALL the premium flying. Like I said, I don't usually look at it so I'm not as in tune as other would be.

Just pulled some blank line info for Jan. Which is one of the slowest months. But just a simple sample becuase I didn't want to pull up every base.

BWI CA. Total blank lines 31. 9 lines with one week of reserve. No full reserve lines.

BWI FO. Total blank lines 27. NO reserve at all on any lines.

MCO CA. Total blank lines 29. 10 lines with one week of reserve.

MCO FO. Total blank lines 29. 4 lines of FULL reserve. 15 with one week.

MDW CA. Total blank lines 36. NO reserve at all.

MDW FO. Total blank lines 31. 20 with one week of reserve.

As you can see, it's very rare for the whole line to be reserve...but it could be. I'd say there is probably less reserve in the blank lines during the high flying/high vacation months during the summer.
Interesting, thanks for the info. Hard to get sometimes, depending on what we ask for and how busy they are. :)

It would have to be an experiment run once most of (if not all of) our people are there and reserves are inflated to see how much of the dropped trips gets picked up and the company doesn't have to utilize reserves to cover.

If the experiment goes well, they might maintain it while the staffing equalizes until they start seeing an unacceptably-high use of reserves, then decide how to keep it, if at all.

I think they'd be surprised how much sick time would decrease if people could just straight drop their trips and pick up pieces of stuff here and there on other days to get the time back.

Things that make you go "hmmmm". At least we're not flinging poo today (mostly). ;)

75 hour may equate to roughly 89 TFP but if pay guarantee is less at AAI, you may have less productive lines and hence more pilots inclined/legal to pick up trips at straight pay...while we have commuters who pick up in any base...I am one, a east to west coast commute for a straight pay trip ain't gonna happen on a regular basis.

75 hour may equate to roughly 89 TFP but if pay guarantee is less at AAI, you may have less productive lines and hence more pilots inclined/legal to pick up trips at straight pay...while we have commuters who pick up in any base...I am one, a east to west coast commute for a straight pay trip ain't gonna happen on a regular basis.

I see what you're saying, but I guess it's in the conversion.

If you have a 74 hour BLOCK line at AAI that credits 76 hours for the month and a 74 BLOCK line at SWA that credits 87 Trips and therefore pays guarantee of 89 hours for the month, both at guarantee with the same amount of block time, they're both relatively unproductive, and therefore both have some extra available days to pick up stuff to add to your line to get in the 80 Credit range (AAI) or 95+ Credit range (SWA) where most guys seem to like to be.

Of course who would WANT to pick up straight pay to commute 5+ hours to the West Coast? ;) That's what reserve thresholds are for. Once you get to a certain point in open trips -vs- reserve coverage on a certain day, there are no more trip drops allowed. So if the West Coast bases reach those limits quicker, or have a higher required reserve threshold because that's what historically is needed in base, so be it.

Doesn't mean the East Coast bases will have the same limits and would probably be lower simply because more people would be likely to pick up a straight time MCO or BWI trip with a 90 minute commute in.

Doesn't mean it can't be done, just means different bases would have different reserve floors for trip drop allowances.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Hard to get sometimes, depending on what we ask for and how busy they are. :)

It would have to be an experiment run once most of (if not all of) our people are there and reserves are inflated to see how much of the dropped trips gets picked up and the company doesn't have to utilize reserves to cover.

If the experiment goes well, they might maintain it while the staffing equalizes until they start seeing an unacceptably-high use of reserves, then decide how to keep it, if at all.

I think they'd be surprised how much sick time would decrease if people could just straight drop their trips and pick up pieces of stuff here and there on other days to get the time back.

Things that make you go "hmmmm". At least we're not flinging poo today (mostly). ;)
This could work, but again, SWA only gives, if we give up money. There has never been a "gee, this wouldn't cost anything so we'll do it for free moment in swa scheduling...

Hangover, must be nice:)

Wow, good to see you guys getting along and being productive. There for a second I wasn't sure this was flight info. I will get this thread back on track for ya, You all can kiss my fat butt. :beer:

Happy new year fellers. I'm good, but have really been worried about all of you. Well, not really. Just happy to see you guys trying to work on the solvable problems instead of the ones that just piss everyone off at each other. Reminds me of congress. I think we are all better than those losers. Amen

Latest resources

Back