• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to Panama City

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you're stupider than I thought. You must like abuse.

That's ok. I'm lifting weights this morning, and the extra adrenalin is making for a great workout!

As a Panama City resident, all I can say is "WELCOME!". Hope your crews get a great hotel and a decent layover on the beach. I'll be buying at least 4 tickets a quarter for my family to go SOMEWHERE, and I suspect you will have folks driving from as far east as Tallahassee, as far north as Troy, and as far west as Mary Ester to take advantage of the new service.

Thanks for showing up, and I'll do my best to support you as a paying customer.

Eggs and Grits at Coram's are about as good as I've had around here...and the Oysters at Hunts are great too. Enjoy!

Albie,

Hope to see you on one of these flights and your family. Hope all is well. Got a chance on my first Fedex jumpseat the other night....great service from OAK-MEM-SAT....hope to catch up some time.

Hope all is well with you, the misses and family.

I think Panama City is a mistake. They have totally lost the Pensacola AND Mobile crowd. All of the places you mentioned above can drive to Pensacola very easily. The airport is right off the highway and they would pull from a larger geographic area AND a larger population base. Panama city is 2 hours from the EAST side of pensacola (mapquest) and almost THREE from Mobile. Pensacola would have drawn passengers from all of the areas mentioned in this thread except Tallahassee, but who is there besides seasonal college students? Panama City will draw from very few. They also have foregone the transient Navy/Marine Corps traffic from all of the pilot/NFO/aircrew/maintaiiner STUDENTS at Pensacola in favor of less transient Air Force personnel at the Eglin/Tyndal/Hurlbert complex. Lastly, no offense Albie, that place doesn't exactly roll with tourists in the winter time. It is very seasonal. There is something else at work here....little bit of Air Force mafia in mgmt? Just my 2 cents......ok.....maybe a quarter.

I think Panama City is a mistake. They have totally lost the Pensacola AND Mobile crowd. All of the places you mentioned above can drive to Pensacola very easily. The airport is right off the highway and they would pull from a larger geographic area AND a larger population base. Panama city is 2 hours from the EAST side of pensacola (mapquest) and almost THREE from Mobile. Pensacola would have drawn passengers from all of the areas mentioned in this thread except Tallahassee, but who is there besides seasonal college students? Panama City will draw from very few. They also have foregone the transient Navy/Marine Corps traffic from all of the pilot/NFO/aircrew/maintaiiner STUDENTS at Pensacola in favor of less transient Air Force personnel at the Eglin/Tyndal/Hurlbert complex. Lastly, no offense Albie, that place doesn't exactly roll with tourists in the winter time. It is very seasonal. There is something else at work here....little bit of Air Force mafia in mgmt? Just my 2 cents......ok.....maybe a quarter.

The reason why WN is going into PFN is b/c of a 38 million dollar subsidy...they can't lose money on this one...

Latest resources

Back