• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to Panama City

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reason why WN is going into PFN is b/c of a 38 million dollar subsidy...they can't lose money on this one...

Exactly. St Joe corporation will take the risk out of the equation hoping to turn this "driving destination" for Atlanta, Birmingham, Nashville, and other southern cities into a fly in city for some mid west and mid east cities. Destin, FWB, and PC are all likely to pick up some extra traffic from some non-traditional sources? Will it be enough to make a profit? I don't know, but with St Joe (JOE) priming the pump maybe we will see some new traffic.

I think anyone who used to go to Daytona or Ft Lauderdale to enjoy the coast might enjoy our beaches even more. At least there is a shot now, and I while I am sort of concerned about the "forgotten coast" and the "emerald coast" gettting more attention, I'm also brimming with a little hometown pride. I love it here, and hope those SWA crews bouncing in and out have enough time to enjoy some of it too.

Exactly. St Joe corporation will take the risk out of the equation hoping to turn this "driving destination" for Atlanta, Birmingham, Nashville, and other southern cities into a fly in city for some mid west and mid east cities. Destin, FWB, and PC are all likely to pick up some extra traffic from some non-traditional sources? Will it be enough to make a profit? I don't know, but with St Joe (JOE) priming the pump maybe we will see some new traffic.

I think anyone who used to go to Daytona or Ft Lauderdale to enjoy the coast might enjoy our beaches even more. At least there is a shot now, and I while I am sort of concerned about the "forgotten coast" and the "emerald coast" gettting more attention, I'm also brimming with a little hometown pride. I love it here, and hope those SWA crews bouncing in and out have enough time to enjoy some of it too.

One of my friends did the calculation- they only have to charge around 50 dollars a person to break even with that size of a subsidy.

8 flights a day.....2 to unrevealed destinations, 2 to Nashville, 2 to BWI...

8 flights a day.....2 to unrevealed destinations, 2 to Nashville, 2 to BWI..

Hey Albie, where'd you get the BNA and BWI info? Being a BNA commuter with my parents in North FL makes that cool.

Slug

Latest resources

Back