• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to lower mins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm currently flying a trip with a Captain who does interviews. He says he would guess that about 1/3 of the pilots he interviews don't have the type. Said he doesn't know how many of those actually get hired. However, I've always been told that once you get to the interview they consider you a qualified applicant... period. The job is yours to gain or lose. It's all what the interviewers and reference checkers think of you after that.

Last edited:
I got my type about 3 years ago, i've got over 1,300 pic turbine, nocheckride busts or failures, lots of friends/recommendations at SWA, and I still can't get an interview. There is obviously something they don't like about me...I just can't figure it out...

I got my type about 3 years ago, i've got over 1,300 pic turbine, nocheckride busts or failures, lots of friends/recommendations at SWA, and I still can't get an interview. There is obviously something they don't like about me...I just can't figure it out...

Do you have a 4 year degree? Your profile says space shuttle driver.....wow, no call yet...amazing.

Lack of 4 yr degree is not a show stopper at SWA. Nearly 7% of the pilots hired last year did not have a 4 yr degree.

Yep, i've got the 4 year degree.

One of my buddies that works there talked to someone in the hiring department and he said the only thing they could think of was my PIC time wasn't recent enough or I wasn't updating enough. My PIC isonly 3 years old, but I guess that must be it.

Maybe being furloughed from a major is a mark against you? I don't know.. I still can't figure it out.

No a show stopper but it sure does help. 7% 7 out of 100, not good odds.

Seven percent is pretty good when less than 7% of the guys applying don't have a four-year degree.

TV9Driver, check your app. closely, make sure you update everything... residence history to be up to present month and etc. and at the bottom update the date electronically signed, sounds foolish but there is alot of things to update not just hours, i had a few friends miss the simple things, also in the aircraft flown section update the dates there too.... might show your app. not current if there is a date discrepancie

1300 is what I head from another source. I also heard that it might drop again. I have a ways to go but it sure would be nice to work for a company that doesn't have that "legacy" menality.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back