• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to lower mins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How is that against the law? I talked to one of the recruiters, she said that they raised it because that was the average people had that they were interviewing. She did say that she expected it to come back down but did not have any time frame. Probably depends on how deep their stack of apps is.

she said that they raised it because that was the average people had that they were interviewing.

I'm guessing that 1300 wasn't the average, it was the lowest. Since they hadn't interviewed anyone with less than 1300, they shouldn't bother teasing those with less with false hopes. A friend of mine timed getting his type rating with his 1300th hour and got an interview at 1307 hrs, and was hired. He's starting class in the next couple weeks.

He could passed on the type rating and built up more PIC turbine over the next 6-12 months and hoped for an interview without it, but he rolled the dice and won.

You can't win if you don't play.

1300 turbine PIC and an extra 6 grand to purchase the job....er...type rating. Still a deal breaker for me. But there appears to be no shortage of willing participants, so the joke's on me, isn't it?

Yep. I put 7k in a type rating. Over the past 6 years it has paid me back about 85 times that.

Gup

Best investment I ever made and ever will make.

1300 turbine PIC and an extra 6 grand to purchase the job....er...type rating. Still a deal breaker for me. But there appears to be no shortage of willing participants, so the joke's on me, isn't it?

yeah it is...

Does sole manipulator of the controls count for the PIC time?

No. While logging "sole manipulator PIC" may be legal under FAR 61, SWA specifically states on their website that "PIC" for the SWA application is only that time when PIC defined by FAR 1 (Definitions).

In other words, you have to actually be the PIC ("Captain" in most civilian turbine situations) to count towards the SWA minimums (and for total PIC on the app). And yes, they do look at this in your logbook during the interview!

A sign of the growing world wide pilot shortage and hiring boom of 2007

Latest resources

Back