• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to have a Q1 loss?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im not a hater (I turned down a job at SW), it is a great airline, but the highest employee costs in the industry will catch up with them. Good luck. I hope I'm wrong.

Airlines would still manage to lose money every quarter even if they paid their pilots with diet cokes from the galley.

The problem isn't the pay. It's the de-regulated system and management teams that are in it for themselves. Southwest was always the exception.

Last edited:
The problem isn't the pay. It's the de-regulated system and management teams that are in it for themselves. Southwest was always the exception.

Without deregulation, Southwest wouldn't exist.

Anybody know?... have an interview July 19th. Already typed..if all goes well. what type of class date could I expect? I hear not till after the first of the year. Sound about right to you?

Thanks for any and all info!

Ron.. Sorry bud, hope you don't have hard feelings although it looks like that's not the case.. And to answer your question.. I wouldn't be convinced if they wanted a paycut. Thankfully that hasn't happened.. And I'm not saying the bag fee situation is correct.. Only that that is what they believe.. Based on their history.. They usually get it right..

Ron.. Sorry bud, hope you don't have hard feelings although it looks like that's not the case.. And to answer your question.. I wouldn't be convinced if they wanted a paycut. Thankfully that hasn't happened.. And I'm not saying the bag fee situation is correct.. Only that that is what they believe.. Based on their history.. They usually get it right..

No Buck..no hard feelings. Didn't work out...nature of the business. Overall,I have been somewhat fortunate. It's just the way it sounded...You were there and telling us what the company believed,like you had no thoughts on the subject and whatever they believe/tell you is gospel. I am sure that is not the case. Thoughts and ideas sometime get lost in text. And ..yes..I would have loved to work at SWA. I am not going through my life bitter because I don't.

Untrue, deregulation let SWA go outside TX.

So, without deregulation they would have about five airplanes flying between Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. Deregulation gave life to the LCC.

And it was the begining of the end of this profession, it has just taken thirty years to unfold.

BR715.
The only sick call abuse is the unethical guys who forget who is signing their paychecks and putting food in their kids mouths. They call in sick only to pick up to up their TFP total. It is disgusting watching these guys do it month after month. There was a guy who finally ran out and actually needed it (for real this time). "I am sorry you have bills to pay, but you have no sick bank" was the CP response. As a whole the pilot group is one of the lowest sick call employee groups of SWA. The FA's and rampers are by far the worst.

And it was the begining of the end of this profession, it has just taken thirty years to unfold.

NO, it was your RJ that was the beginning and end of this profession. :smash:

Latest resources

Back