• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to begin interviewing in July!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're right, they don't have an exclusive "IN" at SWA. They are the only one however, that invites you to come back, sit in ground schools/sims sessions (as a refresher) and a get a free meal. Go on the right days and you'll meet all the PD recruiters. They don't all offer that, and that could be worth the difference.

I did this many times. Priceless I think. Happened to hand my resume to the same recruiter on many Fridays at HP. That person happened to interview me and knew me by first name. That didn't suck.
My career had cost tens of thousands, what's another couple thousand gonna hurt?

....The other minor problem I had was HPA's over the top (in my opinion) expression of their Christian faith. I don't think some of their actions were appropriate on a couple of occasions while I was enrolled there. Overall, they did an excellent job preparing me for the rating.

I got my type at HPA and am a very strong Christian. In no way did I every feel their expression of faith was "over the top". In fact, they only made any expression (other than their posted mission statement) after I bluntly asked them in the welcome meeting where they had come up with the name "Higher Power". Even then they didn't go bible thumping on us.

BTW, would you have considered their actions more appropriate or have said anything at all in here if their MO was to take you out every night and get you drunk and laid instead of having root beer floats and taking you to the ball park (again and again) for a decent lunch? Sometimes the pain of an instilled sense of morality stings just a little!

IMHO they are a class act and are doing the right thing...across the board!

I don't think (hopefully) people use him as the benchmark for tanker pilots.

Well, I'll assume that you aren't the benchmark for CL-65 check airmen. Whatever a CL-65 is....

Wow...I can't believe you are a check airman...can I have your autograph.

When are the calls going out for Aug interviews?

Well, I'll assume that you aren't the benchmark for CL-65 check airmen. Whatever a CL-65 is....

Wow...I can't believe you are a check airman...can I have your autograph.

When are the calls going out for Aug interviews?
Are you on drugs? Just trying to keep positive attitude for the rest of the tanker guys on here who serve our country. Apparently this was a waste of ten dollars.

Are you on drugs? Just trying to keep positive attitude for the rest of the tanker guys on here who serve our country. Apparently this was a waste of ten dollars.

$10 is a drop in the bucket compared to what you are/will waste on a type. SWA doesn't like CL-65 (whatever that is) guys. Even if they are check airmen.

Latest resources

Back