• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to begin interviewing in July!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HP likes to make people believe they have an "IN" at SWA. They don't, I got my type at another place that was the cheapest at that time. Everyone in my class got hired at SWA. It's your money boys and girls.
You're right, they don't have an exclusive "IN" at SWA. They are the only one however, that invites you to come back, sit in ground schools/sims sessions (as a refresher) and a get a free meal. Go on the right days and you'll meet all the PD recruiters. They don't all offer that, and that could be worth the difference.

They are good people. If some place else is cheaper or better for you, go there...all I can say is the experience I had there was fantastic. When I went it was $7380.00. Anyone know what they are charging now? Just curious.

BTW--I have no affiliation other than I got my type there.

I had a fairly good experience at HPA. Most of the instructors were absolutely great especially teaching someone as thick-headed as myself. There was one notable exception unfortunately and she happened to be one of the worst instructors I ever had. Fortunately, we only had her for one day. The other minor problem I had was HPA's over the top (in my opinion) expression of their Christian faith. I don't think some of their actions were appropriate on a couple of occasions while I was enrolled there. Overall, they did an excellent job preparing me for the rating.

I recommend FTI at the Denver location if its still an option. Class act with great instructors! It was 4995.00 when I went in Oct 07 and there were only two of us so we had great sim times every day. They also provide great study material prior to showing up which makes the course extremely easy!

Got to be worth something.

Sorry, But I doubt it's worth $3K (more)! Heck, For $1K, I'll fly in on a Friday, walk you into to HR, Introduce you to everyone there, take them to lunch (or bring in Lunch, they work a lot of lunches at their desk), Go to the deck party, buy EVERYONE beers and still have $900+ (ok maybe Nothing left with the way we like to party), not to knock HPA, but there may be better ways to spend that kind of coin!

(I'm not saying it's a bright idea, but you could hang out at a lot of Airinc's for $3K and meet a whole lot of people!)

Either way, Good Luck,
KBB

Awsome! As soon as I get my type I'll be at the top of the list! I was getting worried I'd have to work at Delta.

Save your $$$ TC. Put it towards finishing your degree in English at Devry.

You're right, they don't have an exclusive "IN" at SWA. They are the only one however, that invites you to come back, sit in ground schools/sims sessions (as a refresher) and a get a free meal. Go on the right days and you'll meet all the PD recruiters. They don't all offer that, and that could be worth the difference.

Actually, K&S in Phoenix offers the exact same perks. I think the cost is the same as HP, so comes down to whether or not you want to do it in Dallas or Phoenix.

Lone Eagle

Lone Eagle in PHX is offering a $5000 "Spring Special" on the 737 type. Does anyone know if they give good training?

I had a fairly good experience at HPA. Most of the instructors were absolutely great especially teaching someone as thick-headed as myself. There was one notable exception unfortunately and she happened to be one of the worst instructors I ever had. Fortunately, we only had her for one day. The other minor problem I had was HPA's over the top (in my opinion) expression of their Christian faith. I don't think some of their actions were appropriate on a couple of occasions while I was enrolled there. Overall, they did an excellent job preparing me for the rating.

We use them for Navy (C40/737-700) training as well. Instructors are decent (50/50 good and bad and we usually have their best ones on the account of them wanting to keep the lucrative contract) but the administration is just a bunch of losers. I mean they give you this stupid tour of the office spaces on day one ("and this is our vending machine, and this is the trash can in the office ") and it's obvious after having been there 4 times now, that they survive merely by being a recruiter for potential SWA pilots (and you get to listen to this sorry bunch of geeks if you choose to go to the lunch). That being said it seems obvious they have some sort of "special" relationship with SWA and if you can put up with their garbage it's probably worth it is you, like most of their students, would do ANYTHING for a SWA job.

Ron Burgundy: "Agree to disagree"

I had a great experience at Higher Power and completely disagree with the picture painted above. During my 2 weeks, the staff was extremely helpful and always pleasant to work with.

Maybe these guys got a stomach ache from the root beer floats.

Latest resources

Back