Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to add up to 50 new destinations over the next few years as it continues to grow.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are there anymore isolated West Texas towns you guys could go to from Dallas Love? How about Pecos or Ft Stockton? How about nonstop to Las Cruces, NM? Awesome! Go flat for those!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yawn, stockholders meeting. Tell the minions what they like to hear. Hopefully, new destinations will actually happen. Until the schedule come out don't get excited.

I agree Daviator.

There are plenty of places we don't go, so there is definitely room for growth.

More international. Consider larger cities in Mexico and Canada, more Caribbean. Alaska will be a given and then Hawaii down the line.

Here's my take after hearing this at a Message to the Field and reading him state it now three times and how he follows up the question.

He means 50 destinations OUT OF DAL.

Think about it, there is no way SWA will start flying to 50 more N America destinations that are not already being flown. We are leaving AT destinations and our own like Jackson MS.

He is being very coy and misleading when he speaks of these "New Destinations", he refuses to speculate where, he most likely means 50 destinations out of DAL. This makes sense in regard to the WA going away.

This is exactly the same tone of message delivered during the -800 talks regarding going to HI. "we need the -800 to go to HI, where else would we go with it?" (direct quote from chief of training). Next thing you know, the "rumor" morphed into must have the -800 to go to HI. And now we fly the -800 for the same rates, and don't go to HI.

Doing the counter math, what international destinations could we add that we don't have, 5 in Canada maybe? 5 more South of Mexico? No way 50 international destinations in North America.

Last edited:
Scoreboard
North America includes the US, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and all of the Caribbean. I'm sure that when Gary is talking about 50 new destinations for SWA he is including places that AirTran is going now as new destinations for SWA.

Yes but can I get a sundae?

Not enroute. Funny thing is, you know it's true on all of the Legacy INTL flights. They offer desserts to First or Business class pax, and ice cream sundaes are usually included. I don't eat them every trip, but when I do, it tastes FANNNNTASTIC, especially over Greenland heading West.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Here's my take after hearing this at a Message to the Field and reading him state it now three times and how he follows up the question.

He means 50 destinations OUT OF DAL.

Think about it, there is no way SWA will start flying to 50 more N America destinations that are not already being flown. We are leaving AT destinations and our own like Jackson MS.

He is being very coy and misleading when he speaks of these "New Destinations", he refuses to speculate where, he most likely means 50 destinations out of DAL. This makes sense in regard to the WA going away.

This is exactly the same tone of message delivered during the -800 talks regarding going to HI. "we need the -800 to go to HI, where else would we go with it?" (direct quote from chief of training). Next thing you know, the "rumor" morphed into must have the -800 to go to HI. And now we fly the -800 for the same rates, and don't go to HI.

Doing the counter math, what international destinations could we add that we don't have, 5 in Canada maybe? 5 more South of Mexico? No way 50 international destinations in North America.

50 more cities out of DAL Love? Darn it, you really did need those other two gates...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back