Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to add up to 50 new destinations over the next few years as it continues to grow.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's 10 in Mexico (not counting Mexico City) that have more than 1 million people.

Maybe another 5 in Canada? Add in Central and northern South America. It's a far cry for 50, but it's better than NO growth.

I think the model for international cities will be more in-line with other airlines. Feed them to our US gateways, then into our domestic system. Hell, that might even mean more flights domestically too...depending on the demand.

There's 10 in Mexico (not counting Mexico City) that have more than 1 million people.

Maybe another 5 in Canada? Add in Central and northern South America. It's a far cry for 50, but it's better than NO growth.

I think the model for international cities will be more in-line with other airlines. Feed them to our US gateways, then into our domestic system. Hell, that might even mean more flights domestically too...depending on the demand.

Gateway? SWA speak for Hub Bubba?? =)

Hub? If that's what you want to call it Bill. We still have a TON of point to point domestically, but won't internationally. Hell, I just flew MKE-SEA completely full.

Adding Customs and Board Patrol to the mix WILL change the SW point to point service. Even you can understand that.

I think we will have defined entry points like....FLL, HOU, SAT, DEN, STL, PHX, BWI, and possibly LAS/LAX.

You wouldn't expect us to fly everyone from Mexico City to Omaha would you?

"This is exactly the same tone of message delivered during the -800 talks regarding going to HI. "we need the -800 to go to HI, where else would we go with it?" (direct quote from chief of training). Next thing you know, the "rumor" morphed into must have the -800 to go to HI. And now we fly the -800 for the same rates, and don't go to HI."

Ouch.....

Hawaii is a trash market. Its mostly rewards travel. Ask any major CEO, they will tell you that. Gordon Bethune said they had to fly there for their members of Onepass, but was not a money maker at all.

Wait.... I thought due to SWA's superior "cost containment" they were able to make money where everyone else lost. What about $59 each way from FLL to MDW?

The thing that makes me wonder is the way it was said. They have the "Opportunity" to expand to 50 new destinations. Not that they are adding 50 new destinations. Just that something changed that will allow them to now go to 50 new cities. Meaning to me that they aren't committed to a single new city yet, hence no names announced.

Hub? If that's what you want to call it Bill. We still have a TON of point to point domestically, but won't internationally. Hell, I just flew MKE-SEA completely full.

Adding Customs and Board Patrol to the mix WILL change the SW point to point service. Even you can understand that.

I think we will have defined entry points like....FLL, HOU, SAT, DEN, STL, PHX, BWI, and possibly LAS/LAX.

You wouldn't expect us to fly everyone from Mexico City to Omaha would you?

Easy....Northwest used to fly MKE-SEA with a DC-10 so you arent blazin any trails Hoss!

Easy....Northwest used to fly MKE-SEA with a DC-10 so you arent blazin any trails Hoss!

I missed your emoti there Bill. The point being, they aren't anymore. And neither is DL. I could probably give you around 500 (at least) of 3500 flights/day that nobody else does. That's my point.

Red,

There's a reason why nobody flies them anymore. Your cost structure doesn't support making it any cheaper. Stop running to a decade ago thinking you guys are the innovators in this industry.

No more fuel hedges to buy you some leverage in the RASM game.

I love how the dripping arrogance like you are leaders of this game. I mean, hell, I oughta throttle back....you do fly to SJU now and you got the "heavy" 737.

Latest resources

Back