Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to add up to 50 new destinations over the next few years as it continues to grow.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny no one has said it, but it seems to me there are tons of markets that have been relegated to RJ's that SWA could swoop into and do very well?

Tons, just tons....

Bill,

You should have stopped when you were close to even.

Have a guess at what our CASM is?

It's similar to Spirit and Allegiant, and definitely way below DL. So no, I'm not dripping with arrogance. Just trying to stick to the facts.

For some reason, you want to make some big deal of us being a 'hub'. But the facts are, we still aren't. We've gone over this before. We do a TON of point to point. And just like the MKE-SEA flight, they are mostly all full. I could make you a very, very long list of pure point to point. We overfly ATL all day long. We overfly our own base (hub if that makes you feel better) all day long as well. All of them. BWI, DEN, HOU, MDW, LAS, PHX, etc. So it's still a drastically different system, and I prefer the flying it entails.

Now let's turn to Delta. You guys are doing great, and I'm glad. I bought some Delta stock because I think things continue. You have good management, seem to be hitting on all cylinders mostly. Could I nit pick some things? Sure. (Same thing with SW) But why. That's the General's shtick.

Have a good weekend brother. Cheers.

Red,

Excuse my last.....wasnt civil.

My point is that you are stating the present...casm, profits etc etc. but your model is changing. I know GK didnt ask you first, but things are different now. You actually are going to have to be a big boy airline now instead of the usual cherry picked point to point stuff. Good on you if you adapt....its better for everybody if we all stay profitable.

You think the high frequency model of SWA will work to some of these places?
I had Mike VanD (the COO of SWA) on my jumpseat a few years ago shortly after the Rampers signed a CBA allowing contract at new cities. He told the F/O and I that with contract workers SWA only needed 4 flights a day for a city to break even, with SWA employees they needed 10. If what he said was true with international being all contract SWA doesn't need high frequency there to make money.

Last edited:
Most of the ones you list we already go to or will go to after AT ceases operations.
When SWA takes over a city from AirTran they are calling it new service so I'm sure Gary is counting the current AirTran cities that SWA doesn't serve as part of the 50 new destinations.

General is jealous. SW pilots fly for :45-5:00 and can use your cell phones, use your own money, can read the menus, speak the language (for the most part) sleep study for INTL horrible for your body, hotel room is ready when you arrive most of the time (never intl are they ready for the whole crew), and how expensive is it intl? and wait for it wait for it= makes more money than Delta pilots.

Hell I would do steep turns in a cessna and be home everynight if it paid SW rates.

Latest resources

Back