• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA, The Street's Love Fades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whether a stock goes down or not is not a direct reflection of that company's product quality or management. MSFT, Microsoft stock, has basically been flatlined for 5 years. I suppose they are a "bad company"?

http://finance.yahoo.com/charts#cha...harttype=line;crosshair=on;logscale=on;source=

Stock shares, billions of them, are owned by Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, State pension plans, etc. Typically, managers rotate in and out of the sectors that are "hot". It may be airlines for a few months, then fiber optics, then biofuel companies. As such, as "sectors go cold", the companies in those sectors will suffer stock hits, as their shares are sold and come back on the open market.

Just because SWA went down does not mean SWA The Company is doing things wrong or losing the airline game.

For balance, indeed, Enrons stock tanked and we all know what happened over there.

But, generally speaking, routine market ups and downs are not a direct reflection on the company itself.

Kelly said:
"It's true (the major airlines') costs are coming down, they're coming from extremely high to high. We're going from low to extremely low.

I don't think I'd be quite so smug if this is what my CEO was telling analysts/reporters. Especially given how some of you feel about the powerlessness of pilot groups compared to their CEO's.

So "ding" it is time for you guys to lay down the gauntlet for the rest of the industry. Come on be the man and show us your "cajones".
If it wasn't for the "low paying" jobs at UAL, we wouldn't have to fight so hard to keep our pay at current rates. Thanks for bringing the industry down with your substandard service and pay! You girls at Yo Nited really showed us all how to do it right!

No the street love the legacies because it is the new "sweat shop" to invest in. No upward costs in your lifetime 32LT10.

Good Luck

I can't believe a SWA pilot actually said this. Why don't you look at the bulk of the last 30 years a little more closely. I guarantee the 'sweat shop' wasn't at the legacy carriers...

Just because you have ACARS does not mean you have not cheated for years.

Oh man you got me. Since DOT reports late as being :15 past scheduled arrival time, I figured I would rather have Southwest be "on time" then get that overblock pay so I backlogged the "in" time to reflect that. Man, all those flights I could have made more money what was I thinking? :rolleyes:

Loser. :puke:

Latest resources

Back