• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots are weak in general if you haven't noticed. It's not just your group.

yep.
the worse part though is we should know how the game is played, and what the end result could/will be.

this is the first big test to this group. if it doesn't pass i think it will be by a slim margin. as a bottom feeder capt, i can't believe the junior fo's i've flown with who are voting yes.

Anyone who votes yes for this needs to have their head examined. Seriously though, if it passes we will have sealed our fates. We will live the out the rest of our careers saying "why did we do this to ourselves" There are so many reasons to vote no but the spin doctor, PJ got the fear campaign going so here we sit.
Vote no, have patience and demand PJ And TW resign.
To my military brothers that this is your first airline. Don't be fearful, its managements job to try to get a yes at 51%. It's your job to understand the RLA and what status quo means.

Last edited:
This pilot group seemingly shoots themselves in the foot every chance they get. It baffles me. I hope I am wrong on the 4th or whenever the vote is tallied.

This pilot group seemingly shoots themselves in the foot every chance they get. It baffles me. I hope I am wrong on the 4th or whenever the vote is tallied.

Hey Wavey,

I gave up 3.5 yrs seniority to join this circus. How's about that $#!t?, brutha?

Tyrone

Last edited:
Vote no, have patience and demand PJ And TW resign.

"Demand" that PJ and TW resign ? Let's put the emotion aside and look at the facts...first of all, TW's work is done pass or fail.

As for PJ, "demand" will get us nowhere. Starting the recall process will. I've said that on the other forums many times, still people want to "demand" and think that will get it done.

The recall process is there for you in the SWAPA constitution. Get the ball rolling if you're serious about it.

Last edited:
Hey Wavey,

I gave up 3.5 yrs seniority to join this circus. How's about that $#!t?, brutha?

Tyrone

No, a bunch of "yesies" sold ya down the river, and they still haven't figured out where the No button is. I guess nobody knows how to vote NO anymore.

No, a bunch of "yesies" sold ya down the river, and they still haven't figured out where the No button is. I guess nobody knows how to vote NO anymore.

It would be interesting to sort the votes by OSW and FAT. I'm betting the FAT "NO" votes are a much higher percentage than the OSW " NO" votes. We remember how poorly the subsets were handled on our side of the partition, when Pilots were displaced without any regard for seniority, preference or common sense.

For those who weren't aware of it, when they closed the MKE and MCO Pilot bases, those Pilots were ALL sent to SWA Tranisiton regardless of what preference they had bid.

ATL pilots, many of whom lived in SWA Pilot Bases and WANTED to go to transition were denied, while MKE/MCO pilots who WANTED to remain in ATL as long as possible were sent to FO school in Dallas. Nice.

We also know the pitfalls of redeyes without protections, and the difference between "a day off" and "a calendar day off".

If this hunk of detritus passes, at least it will be entertaining to watch all of the teeth-gnashing and internecine b!tching that will certainly result. Hope we don't have to live that one.

Last edited:
Ty
You need to post that info on swapa web, just to remind the "in SWA WE TRUST" group.
I'm sure this isn't going to pass, and hopefully PJ will resign when he sees how out of touch he is. I think based on the folks I've flown with in the last month 70-30.

It would be interesting to sort the votes by OSW and FAT. I'm betting the FAT "NO" votes are a much higher percentage than the OSW " NO" votes.

I hope you're right. Unfortunately my interactions have been 50/50 the the FAT's I've talked to and 80/20 no with the OSW's. They are all F/O's so maybe they still have Swaholm Syndrome over their increases in pay. Money can be evil.

Wow.... Could you imagine if we had to rely on the Tom-Tom-MyMoron and now the Jack's of this pilot group in a job action? I could readily see them selling out this pilot group in a heart beat.

Latest resources

Back