• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What happened to the mighty wind that once blew from the likes of Waveflyer and Redflyer about the intestinal fortitude of SWAPA and their pilots!?

Disunity and self-serving interests, say it ain't so! Welcome to the fray.

Wish you guys the best (sincerely), we're all counting on each other now.

Last edited:
Waveflyer doesn't post around here anymore. And you expect anything serious from Redclown?

Are you SWA pilots telling the rest of the world that SWA is merely a shadow of its former self?! All those happy-go-lucky faces and grins attached to those miserable SWA employees we see on the TV commercials is only a fa?ade?! I've been told by MANY SWA employees, "NOT" to work for SWA. $10.00 per hour as a ramp agent at BWI on a phone interview by a lady from the People Dept. who sounded more like a robot than a person. After she told me the starting pay, I just couldn't contain my enthusiasm.

It would be interesting to sort the votes by OSW and FAT. I'm betting the FAT "NO" votes are a much higher percentage than the OSW " NO" votes. We remember how poorly the subsets were handled on our side of the partition, when Pilots were displaced without any regard for seniority, preference or common sense.

For those who weren't aware of it, when they closed the MKE and MCO Pilot bases, those Pilots were ALL sent to SWA Tranisiton regardless of what preference they had bid.

ATL pilots, many of whom lived in SWA Pilot Bases and WANTED to go to transition were denied, while MKE/MCO pilots who WANTED to remain in ATL as long as possible were sent to FO school in Dallas. Nice.

We also know the pitfalls of redeyes without protections, and the difference between "a day off" and "a calendar day off".

If this hunk of detritus passes, at least it will be entertaining to watch all of the teeth-gnashing and internecine b!tching that will certainly result. Hope we don't have to live that one.

Ty,
Guys crossed the fence out of seniority order because 86% of your pilot group agreed to a deal that allowed Southwest to bring guys over however they wanted. You can't point the finger at anyone but yourselves for that.

He's not wrong.

Ty,
Guys crossed the fence out of seniority order because 86% of your pilot group agreed to a deal that allowed Southwest to bring guys over however they wanted. You can't point the finger at anyone but yourselves for that.

If this turd passes, you'll be able to experience some of it yourself.

:laugh:

Ty,

That's completely untrue. SWA management made an agreement with AirTran ALPA that included a "transition bid," in which pilots were awarded their slot at SWA. The agreement stated that they will follow the order of the awards per the transition bid. What guys like you keep referring to is your side letter, which was an agreement between SWA and SWAPA. It was constructed by SWAPA and twisted into whatever management wanted. It set a nice precedent for things to come.

Latest resources

Back