• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TA Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reality. As you grow up you will embrace it.

BTW, I wouldn't pick up open time if pilots were on furlough and I wouldn't cross a picket line. This TA wasn't created by SWA alone to be shoved down SWA pilot's throats. It was a dual effort and one of the two parties was your union. Your union, representing YOU, helped create this document and even recommends it's passage.

Clearly, SWAPA only represents the upper 1/3rd of our "union".

Age 65, this BS contract, No requirement to have FOs on the BOD.

SWAPA is 100% crap.

Different unions use different structures to organize. Every structure has pros/cons. One thing that we do at our company (but we have one major domicile not a bunch of them...) is a seniority block structure. You might take a look at some other models out there and see if think you could find a better fit for SWAPA. Not saying it would work or even should be your model, but a similar concern at FDX years back led to our seniority block system. When we merged with ALPA one of the conditions was keeping that system in place.

I'll take SWAPA over anyone else any day. I feel I am within arms reach of my representation and can air my grievances a lot easier than when I was ALPA. I think we are better represented here.

I'll take SWAPA over anyone else any day. I feel I am within arms reach of my representation and can air my grievances a lot easier than when I was ALPA. I think we are better represented here.

Exact opposite here. ALPA went to bat everytime for the pilots. If you file a grievance they fight for it. SWAPA might consider it but doubtful.

You must be senior. good for you it's your union.

Latest resources

Back