• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TA Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
huh? not following you. the only thing I heard about jumpseat was that CM tried to sneak something in at some point making pilots not first priority (management guys besides the big 5 or so could bump us). union said forget it. did something else change?

The dispatcher was a nice guy, I've had him up front before. They feel like it was a slap in the face from both sides (pilots and the company) to agree on this. He claimed, from now on, if any dispatcher is flying on SWA, they will be logging MUST RIDE company observation time.

I'm just not sure what you're talking about. What in the current CBA changed WRT jumpseating? were dispatchers trying to get something that wasn't there, did they 'lose' something? I find it disturbing that he is pissed and considering doing 'punitive' type actions on something that I've never even heard of. does swapa need to have a sit down with those guys? did we screw them somehow? what is going on?

Dispatchers do not use the jumpseat to commute to work. I believe that most of our Dispatchers will give up a jumpseat for someone commuting to work.

I'm just not sure what you're talking about. What in the current CBA changed WRT jumpseating? were dispatchers trying to get something that wasn't there, did they 'lose' something? I find it disturbing that he is pissed and considering doing 'punitive' type actions on something that I've never even heard of. does swapa need to have a sit down with those guys? did we screw them somehow? what is going on?

Ok dude, I guess my sheeet is confusing.

BEFORE TA2 passed... ON A SPACE AVAILABLE basis, whoever showed up at the gate first (pilot, dispatcher, or mechanic) would have the jumpseat.

NOW.. with TA2... if a dispatcher signs up for the jumpseat, and I show up AFTER him (keep in mind on a space available basis) then I can now BUMP him due to our new language.

The dispatchers we're ticked that the boarding priority has changed. The language in TA2 now clearly states that SWA pilots have priority on the J/S over ANY other company official.

That's it.

Last edited:
Ok dude, I guess my sheeet is confusing.

BEFORE TA2 passed... ON A SPACE AVAILABLE basis, whoever showed up at the gate first (pilot, dispatcher, or mechanic) would have the jumpseat.

NOW.. with TA2... if a dispatcher signs up for the jumpseat, and I show up AFTER him (keep in mind on a space available basis) then I can now BUMP him due to our new language.

The dispatchers we're ticked that the boarding priority has changed. The language in TA2 now clearly states that SWA pilots have priority on the J/S over ANY other company official.

That's it.

I fail to see a problem with that since pilots are the only ones commuting to/from work

Under NO circumstances should anyone except a pilot or a ****************************** fed bump another pilot. The dispatchers and mx can piss and moan all they want, but that seat is for pilots. If a pilot gets bumped for a dispatcher doing observations, that is POOR form and we should know about it. THe F/As wanted into the cockpit too. If the 4th is taken they want the cockpit. I fully expect to lose the fourth in the near future.

This place is a changin', and not in a good way. Pilots are nothing special anymore. We are just here to push a few buttons.

Under NO circumstances should anyone except a pilot or a ****************************** fed bump another pilot. The dispatchers and mx can piss and moan all they want, but that seat is for pilots. If a pilot gets bumped for a dispatcher doing observations, that is POOR form and we should know about it. THe F/As wanted into the cockpit too. If the 4th is taken they want the cockpit. I fully expect to lose the fourth in the near future.

This place is a changin', and not in a good way. Pilots are nothing special anymore. We are just here to push a few buttons.

Agree 1000%.

This is partly correct. In the FOM (page 7.2.22) Space Available pilots and dispatchers had the same priority on the jumpseat, but both were ahead of other company personnel, which included the mechanics. So the new contract keeps the mechanics behind the pilots, but also puts the dispatchers behind the pilots. Also since it is in the contract it is more difficult to change than just being in the FOM.

Latest resources

Back