SWA TA Passes

boomlrd

Getting by
Total Time
RAH will be the first SWA Express carrier! 190's to LBB!

Whataburger

Total Time
40teen
RAH will be the first SWA Express carrier! 190's to LBB!
Only if we get a side letter to negate the part of the new contract that prohibits RJ flying unless SWAPA pilots fly it.

Mea25000

Total Time
There will be no rest... Time now for you guys to buy some 717's and datranny.
Congrats on the new contract hopefully it works out great for you guys!

FR8dognit

Good Ole'boys club member
Total Time
>1
about a 93% turnout too. Glad it is over for now.

Tripower455

Total Time
Lots..
Essentially the same as the TA we turned down, with less pay. I'll never understand this pilot group........

fiel12

That's Ridiculous!
Total Time
39yrs
No RJ codeshare (except to provide inter-island service within the Hawaiian islands or Caribbean). TA1 allowed RJs if we bought a carrier with a regional (ie. F9). No domestic codeshare. Near international codeshare (ie. Mexico/ Canada) limited to 4% total ASMs flown by SWA. Holiday pay (at time and a half). 401k match to 7.8% in 2009, 9.3% in 2010. Full retro (salary and 401k). A little less pay than TA1, but not bad at all in this economy. I'd like to give a shout out to our negotiating team.

Cheers!

Last edited:

shootr

Total Time
10+
Trip,

Maybe the same for you...it is MUCH better for me and many like me. The differences are easily worth more than moving the 2% raise to the last year of the contract. Now instead of an earnings cut, I'll break even. Good? No. Better than TA1? No doubt! Sorry you had to wait for your retro and one of the 2% raises. Really, I am!

shootr

fiel12

That's Ridiculous!
Total Time
39yrs
Trip,

Maybe the same for you...it is MUCH better for me and many like me. The differences are easily worth more than moving the 2% raise to the last year of the contract. Now instead of an earnings cut, I'll break even. Good? No. Better than TA1? No doubt! Sorry you had to wait for your retro and one of the 2% raises. Really, I am!

shootr
I agree.
For me the biggest improvement in TA2 was the change in RJ codeshare language. Because I used to work for a RJ carrier that took flying away from mainline. My company was increasingly serving markets with RJs that previously were flown by A320s and DC-9s.

Tripower455

Total Time
Lots..
Trip,

shootr
I am not gonna argue with you, but this is essentially the same POS that TA1 was, with less money.

Oh, and not only did I vote no on TA1, I was deeply involved in the grass roots efforts that got it shot down. I figured (incorrectly) that we, as a group, finally woke up, and that most would see TA2 as, at best, break even with TA1.

Now, as the "interpretation, errrr..... implementation plan" is enacted, we'll get to see what we really got, or didn't...... I am sure that the scheduling policy handbook is back from the printers already.

RedDogC130

Total Time
enough
are you a lance.....if so quit your crying we are getting tired of it.....if your not....then oh well. I was a no voter for #1 but a Yes voter for #2....I think they fixed some good things with #2

redflyer65

Total Time
I like the changes in TA2 much better. So move the 2% raise down the road, I do better by moving the 2% 401k bump forward. We need to see the forest for the trees sometimes.

I'm glad to get it behind us and lets move on and focus our energy where it needs to be..

Tripower455

Total Time
Lots..
are you a lance.....if so quit your crying we are getting tired of it.....if your not....then oh well.
Not a lance and haven't been for almost 9 years. I am not crying.

I was a no voter for #1 but a Yes voter for #2....I think they fixed some good things with #2
OK, whatever works for you......

As I said, I will never understand this pilot group......

Tank68

Total Time
No contract is perfect. Lots of things in this could be better and we can work on that next year when negotiations start again but this is good and better than TA1. I was no on TA1 Yes on TA2.

Bet we get a big announcement before December. No idea what it is but got the feeling Gary is feeling some heat to produce. FAA fines strike one, Frontier strike two. Gary needs a hit bad.

RedDogC130

Total Time
enough
heard Airtran is going to have big announcement soon.....

Dash Power

Total Time
18000+
If you think its a better contract by negotiating half a million dollars less wages for an average career compared to the value of our 2006 wages, then congratulations.

Kharma Police

Don't mess with Texas
Total Time
heard Airtran is going to have big announcement soon.....
Yeah, we are buying you guys if we can get SWAPA to agree to being stapled to the bottom of our seniority list.