SWA TA Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trip,

Maybe the same for you...it is MUCH better for me and many like me. The differences are easily worth more than moving the 2% raise to the last year of the contract. Now instead of an earnings cut, I'll break even. Good? No. Better than TA1? No doubt! Sorry you had to wait for your retro and one of the 2% raises. Really, I am!

shootr

Trip,

Maybe the same for you...it is MUCH better for me and many like me. The differences are easily worth more than moving the 2% raise to the last year of the contract. Now instead of an earnings cut, I'll break even. Good? No. Better than TA1? No doubt! Sorry you had to wait for your retro and one of the 2% raises. Really, I am!

shootr
I agree.
For me the biggest improvement in TA2 was the change in RJ codeshare language. Because I used to work for a RJ carrier that took flying away from mainline. My company was increasingly serving markets with RJs that previously were flown by A320s and DC-9s.

Trip,

shootr

I am not gonna argue with you, but this is essentially the same POS that TA1 was, with less money.

Oh, and not only did I vote no on TA1, I was deeply involved in the grass roots efforts that got it shot down. I figured (incorrectly) that we, as a group, finally woke up, and that most would see TA2 as, at best, break even with TA1.

Now, as the "interpretation, errrr..... implementation plan" is enacted, we'll get to see what we really got, or didn't...... I am sure that the scheduling policy handbook is back from the printers already.

are you a lance.....if so quit your crying we are getting tired of it.....if your not....then oh well. I was a no voter for #1 but a Yes voter for #2....I think they fixed some good things with #2

I like the changes in TA2 much better. So move the 2% raise down the road, I do better by moving the 2% 401k bump forward. We need to see the forest for the trees sometimes.

I'm glad to get it behind us and lets move on and focus our energy where it needs to be..

are you a lance.....if so quit your crying we are getting tired of it.....if your not....then oh well.

Not a lance and haven't been for almost 9 years. I am not crying.

I was a no voter for #1 but a Yes voter for #2....I think they fixed some good things with #2

OK, whatever works for you......

As I said, I will never understand this pilot group......

No contract is perfect. Lots of things in this could be better and we can work on that next year when negotiations start again but this is good and better than TA1. I was no on TA1 Yes on TA2.

Bet we get a big announcement before December. No idea what it is but got the feeling Gary is feeling some heat to produce. FAA fines strike one, Frontier strike two. Gary needs a hit bad.

If you think its a better contract by negotiating half a million dollars less wages for an average career compared to the value of our 2006 wages, then congratulations.

Latest resources

Back