Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No spin-
Bubba, as usual spoke very well about the subject

Bubba's got it right. Near international overide? Not that big of a deal compared to the tight scope we have. That would be different if it were long haul international to Europe and Asia, but it's not in the cards right now.

Bubba said SWA's scope states, "No RJ's ever". Out of curiosity, what do you guys consider RJ's? Is a EMB 190/195 considered an RJ? If I remember correctly, Embraer does not categorize it as such. Is it 75 seats and below? 50 seats? Not trying to make an argument where there isn't one. Just curious of your language.
Thanks

Top Delta 737 rate: $182
International override: $5
Total Delta 737 Int'l: $187/hr

Top SWA 737 rate: $216
International override: $0
Total SWA 737 Int'l: $216/hr

'Nuff said. Expecting SWAPA to achieve an international override on a pay rate that is already 15.5% higher than the Delta international rate (including override) just isn't realistic.

Hey Dan, What's your override?

pay_hawaiian2011.png

Oh, I found it!
Int'l override pay: $5/hr capt; $4/hr IRO; $3/hr FO

That's for the 330...so let's see
191 + 5 = yeah, that's about what the SW capt's make...

Thanks,
KBB

Last edited:

pay_hawaiian2011.png

Oh, I found it!

Thanks,
KBB

Your missing my point. I'm not the one putting down others by saying what we have is better. I'm the one saying we all live in glass houses and anything can happen to any of us. I make a little lower hourly pay (it's 197 now and soon to go into the low 200's)than SWA but have a much better retirement. So what. We are all doing basically the same thing. I don't begrudge anyone's airline, I do have a problem with people trying to rub what they have in other peoples faces and hypocritically putting down others.

pay_hawaiian2011.png

Oh, I found it!

Thanks,
KBB

You can't compare his rates to anyone else's. He lives and works from Hawaii. I have lived there and know that at the end of the day, when you live in Hawaii it is still paradise. When I was in the Army I remembered finishing a terrible day at work and heading up to the north shore to watch a surf competition. What I mostly saw was bikinis on the beach and great weather. A far cry from coming home in Minnesota to bitter cold and snow to shovel. QOL man, QOL. Is all I can say. lol

Your missing my point. I'm not the one putting down others by saying what we have is better. I'm the one saying we all live in glass houses and anything can happen to any of us. I make a little lower hourly pay (it's 197 now and soon to go into the low 200's)than SWA but have a much better retirement. So what. We are all doing basically the same thing. I don't begrudge anyone's airline, I do have a problem with people trying to rub what they have in other peoples faces and hypocritically putting down others.

My point is, UNTIL everyone else does something about pay, We have no chance of changing...DO you throw stones through your glass house to hit others?

Thanks,
KBB

You can't compare his rates to anyone else's. He lives and works from Hawaii. I have lived there and know that at the end of the day, when you live in Hawaii it is still paradise. When I was in the Army I remembered finishing a terrible day at work and heading up to the north shore to watch a surf competition. What I mostly saw was bikinis on the beach and great weather. A far cry from coming home in Minnesota to bitter cold and snow to shovel. QOL man, QOL. Is all I can say. lol

Thanks, KNOW ALL ABOUT HAWAII, unfortunately, the cost of living is ridiculous there unless you live on a military base.
Thanks for your help, you guys still do not get my point...See above.
Hopefully DAL gets a good pay raise!

Good Luck,
KBB

What everyone forgets about our [WN] situation is our work rules. Most of our guys are doing 105-115 TFP per month. Add that up...

Latest resources

Back