• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA searching for more deals, SWAPA salivating----article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I started flying to Canada and Mexico in an RJ when I was 23 years old. I think the guys at SWA will be well prepared to figure out this "challenging" flying. I don't even call it international.

Honestly, the largest negative I could see to SWA is the additional time it takes for crewmembers and customers to clear customs. Very difficult to do a 30-minute turn when you must clear customs (again, as a regional pilot, we do it all the time). If they build that turn-time into the pairings, then they'll be fine.

No he di--int. (wagging my finger in his face) Hey, maybe SWAPA can get a deal done with United and staple them too. That would seriously be FANTASTIC for one group, that feels they are the ONLY group out there.

Oh SNAP! Can I hear everyone yell a "Wut Wut???"

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes-

As if further evidence was required...... Gen Lee is completely ********************ing retarded.

(It really is no wonder that no one else stands up for you here-other than your own multiple screen names.)

Last edited:
Besides UAL who would be willing to deal?

Alaska and Airtran are the only things that make sense to me.
Alaska seems pretty cozy with DAL, but Airtran would be a pretty good fit for WN so maybe? Sun Country also comes to mind, but they don't really fly anywhere Southwest couldn't go on their own.

I don't see a lot of possibilities.

My bet is AirTran:

- They'd make a hel.l of a lot of noise in ATL.

- Would be a major player in MKE ( major trouble for Republic).

- Gain DCA access/expand LGA access

-Take out the competition in BWI

- Solidify MCO

- Substantial 737 fleet already in place

- 717's could be replaced with new 737's on order

Keep the 717's and put them on the delayed routes like BOS, DCA, LGA and run them like a hub and spoke. Integrate the 737's into the point to point system...Voila... . Delays are separated from the rest of the system.

GL = jealously.

You talk about fair intergration, let's see one group is in bankruptcy and they want equal seniorty, den base for life, pay and medical for life for the furlougies, not to mention being pay protected and oh yea keeping your job. I think gaps was shooting for the moon.

Now go ahead with your immature rant.

to allow SWA crews time to understand how to fly INTL routes--it will take years)

What's the deal with "understanding international routes". First time I flew to Mexico I asked the CP if there was anything I should know? Response- "Ummm I think they speak spanish down there." That was about it....

Hmmm..methinks your boss has never been to MMMX or MMMY.

Alaska and Airtran are the only things that make sense to me.
Alaska seems pretty cozy with DAL, but Airtran would be a pretty good fit for WN so maybe? Sun Country also comes to mind, but they don't really fly anywhere Southwest couldn't go on their own.

I don't see a lot of possibilities.

My bet is AirTran:

- They'd make a hel.l of a lot of noise in ATL.

- Would be a major player in MKE ( major trouble for Republic).

- Gain DCA access/expand LGA access

-Take out the competition in BWI

- Solidify MCO

- Substantial 737 fleet already in place

- 717's could be replaced with new 737's on order

...and don't forget - Airtran now has ALPA's expert advisor's and expertise to cover their backs during the SLI.

I don't think Southwest/Airtran would happen. If it does though, SWAPA better not even attempt a staple with a successful company like us. My career expectations at Airtran were the hopes of us being the next Southwest or better(im 30 years old, got me 35 more years)....well hopefully not 35.=) Airtran is a successful airline with a quality product and a loyal customer base. It would be very expensive to convert to business class on over 500 planes and still expensive and risky to take business class away from Airtran. For the cost reason I would not imagina a merger/aquisition.

Latest resources

Back