Swa scope ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CLARKGRSWOLD

Was this not in your scope protection ? I guess it's kinda like outsourcing.... Can't tell me that the SWA BOYS are happy about this.... I find it sorta funny, actually

Finance SearchThu, Oct 28, 2010, 1:57PM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 2 hrs 3 mins

Southwest Airlines to Offer International Service to Five Mexico Cities With Launch of Volaris Partnership
Carrier Introduces New International Connect Product

Email
Print
Companies:Southwest Airlines Co.
Related Quotes
Symbol Price Change
LUV 13.70 -0.07

Press Release Source: Southwest Airlines On Thursday October 28, 2010, 1:30 pm
DALLAS, Oct. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Southwest Airlines is excited to launch a new product that allows Customers to book international flights by connecting with Volaris, Mexico's second-largest airline. Starting Nov. 12, Customers can book service from 20 Southwest cities to five Volaris Mexican destinations (Cancun, Guadalajara, Morelia, Toluca/Mexico City, and Zacatecas), for travel starting Dec. 1. The new service will connect through Los Angeles International Airport, Oakland International Airport, and San Jose International Airport and will create up to 85 additional flight itineraries. For a complete list of possible routes, click here: http://swamedia.com/presskits/connecting-to-mexico-with-volaris

As Volaris grows, additional Southwest cities will open international destinations, continuing Southwest's commitment to network expansion. To learn more about the carrier's international connect product, check out Southwest's blog at www.blogsouthwest.com.

"In 2008, we announced our intent to offer Customers international service by utilizing a partnership with Volaris. Today, we are proud to introduce our one-of-a-kind connecting product that will foster Southwest's growth by providing Customers the ability to book international destinations to Volaris' expanded network," said Bob Jordan, Executive Vice President of Strategy and Planning for Southwest Airlines. "This is an important day for Southwest and Volaris Employees; we have worked diligently to create a unique product that will uphold our high levels of Customer Service, stimulate additional revenue for both carriers, and offer great new destinations for both airlines' Customers."

The connecting service will provide Southwest and Volaris Customers a convenient transaction and travel experience. Southwest's international connect portal will conduct two separate transactions, one with Southwest's reservations system and one with Volaris' reservations system. The newly developed technology will connect the two transactions and provide Customers with an easy booking experience and one low fare. Customers traveling on an international connection will be required to check in with each carrier, but luggage will be transferred by the airlines and delivered to the final destination. Southwest Customers can book travel and learn more about Volaris' service, policies, and procedures at www.southwest.com/Mexico.

"We are proud of the great work both airlines have completed in the past two years. This partnership will strengthen our growth strategy and will solidify our service in the United States," said Enrique Beltranena, CEO of Volaris. "The objective of this partnership is to provide a convenient and affordable itinerary for our Customers, while offering a higher level of service on both sides of the border."

Southwest has created an international desk staffed with bilingual Customer Service Agents to support this effort. Customers can call 1-888-329-8776 for assistance with their travel. If calling internationally, Customers can use 011-888-829-8776.

About Volaris

Volaris is a Mexican high-efficiency airline aimed at offering customers a unique travel experience—starting with the easy ticket purchasing process right through the On-Time Guarantee on all flights. With 21 Airbus A320 family aircraft, Volaris has the youngest and most modern fleet in Mexico reaching 24 airports and 35 routes across the country. From the start of operations in March 2006, the airline guarantees travelers comfort and reliability delivered by more than 1,500 employees making up the Volaris family and dedicated to strengthening the airline's commitment to excellent service and single-class treatment in a human way.

About Southwest Airlines

After nearly 40 years of service, Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV - News) continues to differentiate itself from other low fare carriers—offering a reliable product with exemplary Customer Service. Southwest Airlines is the nation's largest carrier in terms of originating domestic passengers boarded, now serving 69 cities in 35 states. Beginning March 13, 2011, the airline will initiate service in Charleston and Greenville/Spartanburg, South Carolina. Southwest also is one of the most honored airlines in the world known for its commitment to the triple bottom line of Performance, People, and Planet. To read more about how Southwest is doing its part to be a good citizen, visit southwest.com/cares to read the Southwest Airlines One Report™. Based in Dallas, Southwest currently operates more than 3,200 flights a day and has nearly 35,000 Employees systemwide.

Related Headlines

Airlines Haven't Been This Profitable Since 1978 - at Fortune
Southwest Airlines to Offer International Service to Five Mexico Cities With Launch of Volaris Partnership - PR Newswire
Southwest Sees Atlanta as Its Largest City on AirTran - Bloomberg
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO Financials - EDGAR Online Financials
Exec says Atlanta could be Southwest's top city - AP
Related Blog Headlines

Southwest Beats on Travel Demand - Zacks
Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: UAL,DAL,LUV,AAI,AMR - Zacks
Alaska Air CEO Faces Insider Trading Probe: Report - at CNBC
United-Continental Merger Complete - Zacks
Southwest-AirTran Merger Details - Zacks
Related Message Boards

Southwest Airlines Co.
There are no comments yet
Post a comment
Sign in to post a comment, or Sign up for a free account.
Sponsored Links

Mortgage Rates Hit 3.25%!
If you owe less than $729k you probably qualify for govt Refi Programs
www.SeeRefinanceRates.com
Penny stocks soaring 900%
Come experience penny stock gains with our free & accurate newsletter
www.PennyStocksUniverse.com
1 Tip To Lose Stomach Fat
Follow This 1 Simple Diet Tip And Lose 9 Lbs A Week
CDKitchen.com
Mom Makes $66/Hr Online
Stay at home Mom makes $7,100 a month! Read her story: Special Report
WallStreetNews9.com
Top Stories

Stocks Give Up Early Gains on Mixed Earnings - AP
Jobless claims fall -- what it really means - Zacks
Republicans win House, get no mandate in poll favoring Clinton - Bloomberg
BofA Taps ex-Attorney General over foreclosures - Reuters
AdChoices
Tech Ticker Recent Posts

Here's The Truth About The Rare Earth Stocks That Are Surging Right Now - Gregory White and Hannah Kim
A 'Super Boom' in Stocks? Dow 38K by 2025, Says the Stock Trader's Almanac - Peter Gorenstein
Govt. "Diverging from Reality", U.S. "At Risk of Downward Spiral," Sachs Warns - Stacy Curtin
View More
Subscribe to Topics

Top Stories
Add Alert
LUV Headlines
Add Alert
See all RSS links
Copyright © 2010 PR Newswire. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PRNewswire content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of PRNewswire. PRNewswire shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
YAHOO! FINANCE
Banking & Budgeting
Calculators
Currency
ETFs
Experts
Investing
Insurance
Market Stats
Message Boards
Mobile
Personal Finance
What's New
ALSO ON YAHOO!
Autos
Finance
Flickr
Games
Groups
Health
Hot Jobs
Mail
Maps
Movies
Music
My Yahoo!
News
Shopping
Sports
Travel
TV
Video
» All Y! Services
THINGS TO DO
Read Our Blog
Finance on Your Phone
Check Home Values
Find a New Car
Search Jobs Across the Web
YAHOO! FINANCE WORLDWIDE
ArgentinaAustraliaBrazilCanadaChinaChineseFranceFrench CanadaGermany
Hong KongIndiaItalyJapanKoreaMexicoNew ZealandSingaporeSpainSpanishTaiwanUK & IrelandUSA
Copyright © 2010 Yahoo! All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - About Our Ads - Terms of Service - Copyright Policy - Report Problems - Yahoo! News Network
Quotes delayed, except where indicated otherwise. Delay times are 15 mins for NASDAQ, NYSE and Amex. See also delay times for other exchanges. Quotes and other information supplied by independent providers identified on the Yahoo! Finance partner page.Quotes are updated automatically, but will be turned off after 25 minutes of inactivity. Quotes are delayed at least 15 minutes. All information provided "as is" for informational purposes only, not intended for trading purposes or advice. Neither Yahoo! nor any of independent providers is liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, or delays, or for any actions taken in reliance on information contained herein. By accessing the Yahoo! site, you agree not to redistribute the information found therein.
Fundamental company data provided by Capital IQ. Historical chart data and daily updates provided by Commodity Systems, Inc. (CSI). International historical chart data, daily updates, fundAnalyst estimates data provided by Thomson Financial Network. All data povided by Thomson Financial Network is based solely upon research information provided by third party analysts. Yahoo! has not reviewed, and in no way endorses the validity of such data. Yahoo! and ThomsonFN shall not be liable for any actions taken in reliance thereon.

Yes, it suks.

Our scope eliminates all domestic & far international codeshare. It allows intra-island & near international (with limits). Im not at home, but i think the limits are 4% of our domestic ASMs (with matching growth of ou own metal flying across the border). Someone can tighten me up here, if i am wrong.

Yes, it suks.

Our scope eliminates all domestic & far international codeshare. It allows intra-island & near international (with limits). Im not at home, but i think the limits are 4% of our domestic ASMs (with matching growth of ou own metal flying across the border). Someone can tighten me up here, if i am wrong.
You're right.

Was this not in your scope protection ? I guess it's kinda like outsourcing.... Can't tell me that the SWA BOYS are happy about this.... I find it sorta funny, actually

Don't think it's kinda funny, mostly sad. SWAPA has entered a new era with the same issues that effects the other major airline companies, they just don't fully realize it yet and still think mgmt is "gonna take care of them" in the end. The rooster is coming home.....

No... Its funny.. Because MGMT is MGMT. I have been hearing for years that SWA haS IRON CLAD scope... MGMT found away.

Clark,

Please read Cruncher above, that was brought about during TA2. Mgmt didn't find a way, we had no codeshare restriction before or with TA1. All this happened just last year.

Dick

I think we'll learn the way with Volaris, figure it out, then send them packing. We are running classes next year. I don't believe our pilot group is gonna suffer.

Scope and codeshare are different.

Our pilot group voted on the last contract which had all the scope and codeshare provisions in it. It passed by 88%.

Hey what ever makes you sleep at night. Like it or not, outsourcing is happening right in front of you. It's easy to turn a blind eye with your pay scales.

Last edited:
Hey what ever makes you sleep at night. Like it or not, outsourcing is happening right in front of you. It's easy to turn a blind eye, with your pay scales.

I think you're probably going to be eating southern fried crow in about 8 months. ;)

Latest resources

Back